firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mom use to call those type "Godless trash", good luck detecting to you and the daughter

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a hobby, and if it doesn't bring you pleasure and relaxation, then you are doing the right thing by giving it up.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have been posting this thread from jail lol. I now have mounted a knock off version of a go pro camera made by vivitar and I would film a crazy like that. Its so small most folks don't realize its a dvr camera. Im glad you didn't give the guy a bounty hunter enema, but would have someone out looking for that guy. He is gonna hurt someone if he is that aggressive. Unless Im giving a demonstration I do wear head phones, I don't want folks to know what I am finding. Maybe you can turn it around by finding another good place for your daughter. Oh, and give her a good brass whistle next time you go out. he he.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY , IM IN NY , WHERE IS THIS GUY, ME AND MY BUDDIES WILL GO FOR A RIDE---YOU DONT MESS WITH KIDS-----WE ALL HERE DO ARE BEST TO GET OUR KIDS AWAY FROM THE T.V. CRAP---WEATHER ITS BASEBALL , FISHING, DIGGIN OR WHAT EVER----PEOPLE LIKE THAT GET MY BLOOD PRESSURE UP-----:BangHead:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tough guy, Billy Badass crap is just as stupid if not more so!

Dasseldig

Oct 26, 2012
Dassel, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would of kindly told him he had 5 seconds to apologize to my daughter and go away. Ah, no I wouldn't of, because I would of had his ass beat down already. If a stranger came up and talked to me or my daughter like that, it would be a bad day for them. Man are there some a holes in this world. Keep at it man.

OP
OP
A

Adamsr0522

Dec 30, 2012
Cohoes NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and 350,BH Tracker IV and now the Garrett AT Pro and White's VX3.
Trust me this was a thought.
It was my daughter that thwarted an ass beating.
She won her first martial arts tournament Saturday. 8 years old with a gold medal!
She asked if we could leave because master yang says fighting is stupid.

What was I to do?

Her and my son just came downstairs to ask if we could go out today hunting.

Sigh, I'm debating lol

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 using TreasureNet

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Happy Happy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Adamsr0522

Dec 30, 2012
Cohoes NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and 350,BH Tracker IV and now the Garrett AT Pro and White's VX3.
The noise here is actually irrelevant. The point is some dbag screamed in my child's face.
I fully agree with the general consensus here that I should have beat him till his ears bled.

Just to be clear, we were not in a public park area. We were in the woods, away from people. Just so happens this dude had the same idea, although without a detector. It wasn't him that the noise was bothering. It was the "wildlife" according to him.
Perhaps he is gifted with the ability to talk to the animals and they let him know they were bothered?

I have to admit, I like and will use the suggestion of tape over the speaker. Not certain why I hadn't thought of that

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She won her first martial arts tournament Saturday. 8 years old with a gold medal!

What was I to do?

Sigh, I'm debating lol

I agree u did the right thing by not fighting & leaving I'd never fight in front of my children as of going out detecting y not seems they do like to do it & u as well it beats staying inside with the tv least ur outside bonding with ur kids learning history & they will remember these moments I'd go

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Sorry, but I would have blasted him. I am not a bully, I am actually an RN. Nobody would have treated my son like that without a good old fashioned playground stomping. Only way to quiet a bully is to quietly kick his butt. Yes you pacifists, sometimes 2 wrongs do = 1 right!!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all totally missed the point. Whether its an old guy bird watching in the woods or a soccer mom in a public park, just be mindful that not everyone around us is loving the tones (especially detector beeps and text tones in my case) streaming from our detectors, pinpointers and electronic devices. Happy "Tranquil" Hunting.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reguardless of the tones , what made that person so special that gave him the right to yell at a young kid there's so many worse things out there kids can get into this is just a relaxing hobby that u learn history bond with others in this case his children the sounds detectors make aren't loud at all just a person made at life cuz his kids probably don't get along with him & he just felt jealous

I Dig Jesus

Feb 10, 2013
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster DB / Classic ID / M6 Matrix / & now The Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So.......am I missing something here, at least find another stomping ground maybe? Go out with a couple other people, safety in numbers, sharpen your lesche digger to a razor sharp point (like I do), but please don't let a few ignorants chase you away.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't give up A Great Hobby Because of Some Id10t, If it Happens Again Just Take Out you Cell Phone And take their Picture!!! If they Ask What your Doing Just Say," Taking a Picture Of And A$$Hole" Then Call 911 Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red here, Chug and I usually get hassled a few times a year by someone who thinks they know better. The last time was 2 weeks ago when we were in one of our favorite parks. We both had our headphones on, we dug proper plugs, clean up any mess we may have made, and move on. This guy watched us for a couple of minutes, then asked what we were looking for, I told him metal and coins, just then Chug got a good signal and started digging his plug, which are small, and when the guy saw what Chug was doing, he went off! He told us we had to leave, that what we were doing was illegal and it was a danger to people's safety because of "Holes" in the ground. When I asked him to leave and have a nice day, he kept on, finally threatening to call the cops, I told him to let us know how that worked out for him, THEN he got ugly. He started yelling that I needed to get off the meth and get out of the park. He left after he saw my digger. Some people just can't understand what it is to live and have hobbies. And also remember, some people will go out of their way to pick fights with whoever they can, maybe they aren't happy, unless other people are also mad and unhappy. If we quit our hobbies because of a few jacka$$es, then they win, so don't give them the power. Take a break, or go to new places, but please don't give up, there are so many treasures and wonders to still find!:icon_thumleft:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Can't Like our Own Posts So Here It Is!!! Chug LIKE!!!!

Carla705

Jan 27, 2013
Santa Rosa, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What was I to do?

Sigh, I'm debating lol

Kudos to your kids for still wanting to go out an hunt. If this incident hasn't dampened their enthusiasm I think that's great. I've always explained to my kids (grown now) that the world is made of all different kinds of people. And they will meet all kinds. It's apparent that one bad apple hasn't ruined their desire to go out with Dad and hunt. I think you're kids must be great.
~c~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread