Howdy. Its been a while. Who wants to play a little game?

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. It's been a while. Who wants to play a little game?

Howdy, T-Netters!
Been a while. Too long, in fact. I’ve been mostly dormant over the last two or three years. Got out only twice last year.
But I went out detecting the other day, and had fun. Thought I’d share some of that fun, with a little game.
My outing the other day was not a long one. I was selective, and dug up exactly ten targets.
(And videotaped all the action with my sweet little new headmounted "LordM-Cam™”
These finds will be assigned target numbers (1 through 10, in the order they were found).
I will allow ten players into the game; one for each target.
To get in, you’ll need to be the first to answer a (simple) trivia question (Googling the answers is OK, if you must.)
Once all ten targets have been assigned to players, I will show the video and we’ll see how it came out.
If your preselected target turned to have been a "keeper" for me, I will keep that item but you will get a $5 PayPal gift from me. (In other words, you’ll get paid to watch the movie!)
If your preselected target is a piece of junk or something I do NOT consider a keeper, then YOU may keep it (assuming you even want it, and are willing to pay the shipping on it). Of course a lot of my non-keepers are stuff like screwcaps, nails, rusty-crusties, or modern coins. Hardly worth the cost of shipping. But at the very least, you’ll have the entertainment of watching me dig up your particular piece of junk. Haha.

So, in summary, everybody gets a movie to watch, and anywhere from one to ten people are also going to be paid to watch it. Sound like fun?

Here are our target assignments:
1. BryanM362
2. garren
3. daemon1971
4. diggummup
5. jfeeney
6. Uncle Jeff
7. finderskeepers
8. Goodlord327
9. Jay In NewKen
10. Cougar729

UPDATE- the game is done now, but here is the video. Hope you'll enjoy it.
If the game and video were popular enough, we can do this again sometime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The camera is a Model 22 Ativa. I think it'll do the job, I tried it out hand holding the camera while swinging the detector. Hopefully I have found a way to do it without a head mount and I should be receiving the parts next week.
I am trying to get my 'editing ducks in a row' so to speak. I bought Video Pad Editor ,It seems to have a learning curve that I possibly may be able to overcome. It still however, does not seem to be the proverbial answer to a maidens prayer.
What software are you using? Is it possible to do frame editing with it, or just clip editing?
Roy
I'm using Windows Movie Maker, which came with my PC. I have different versions of it with my desktop and laptop. When I try to use anything but its most basic features on the laptop, it crashes more often than NASCAR. Dunno what you mean exactly about "frame editing" versus "clip editing", but I can go in frame by frame, yes.

And yeah, "learning curve" are two words I'm very familiar with these days.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frames.
a frame is a portion of clip. The term comes from the days when film was used in making movies.
I'm thinking that the ability to take out a small portion (frame) of a clip will make a much more pleasing finished product. An example would be an unwanted camera hand movement.
I probably will need to go back and try Windows Movie Maker again, as I really didn't give it a fair shake. Video Pad Editor seems to be fine (except for not being able to edit frames), but I shot 7 clips yesterday of some squirrels and while putting them together with Video Pad Editor, My cursor started getting a little erratic and the software was a little sticky to handle. I ended up with my goal successful, but this was just a 3 minute movie. To use it on my desk top (which has more resources) I would have to buy it again, and its not that great.
Keep in touch.
Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread