Howdy. Its been a while. Who wants to play a little game?

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. It's been a while. Who wants to play a little game?

Howdy, T-Netters!
Been a while. Too long, in fact. Iā€™ve been mostly dormant over the last two or three years. Got out only twice last year.
But I went out detecting the other day, and had fun. Thought Iā€™d share some of that fun, with a little game.
My outing the other day was not a long one. I was selective, and dug up exactly ten targets.
(And videotaped all the action with my sweet little new headmounted "LordM-Camā„¢ā€
These finds will be assigned target numbers (1 through 10, in the order they were found).
I will allow ten players into the game; one for each target.
To get in, youā€™ll need to be the first to answer a (simple) trivia question (Googling the answers is OK, if you must.)
Once all ten targets have been assigned to players, I will show the video and weā€™ll see how it came out.
If your preselected target turned to have been a "keeper" for me, I will keep that item but you will get a $5 PayPal gift from me. (In other words, youā€™ll get paid to watch the movie!)
If your preselected target is a piece of junk or something I do NOT consider a keeper, then YOU may keep it (assuming you even want it, and are willing to pay the shipping on it). Of course a lot of my non-keepers are stuff like screwcaps, nails, rusty-crusties, or modern coins. Hardly worth the cost of shipping. But at the very least, youā€™ll have the entertainment of watching me dig up your particular piece of junk. Haha.

So, in summary, everybody gets a movie to watch, and anywhere from one to ten people are also going to be paid to watch it. Sound like fun?

Here are our target assignments:
1. BryanM362
2. garren
3. daemon1971
4. diggummup
5. jfeeney
6. Uncle Jeff
7. finderskeepers
8. Goodlord327
9. Jay In NewKen
10. Cougar729

UPDATE- the game is done now, but here is the video. Hope you'll enjoy it.
If the game and video were popular enough, we can do this again sometime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Froze up on the Indian dig

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a good video and thanks for sharing

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didnt freeze up on me at all, watched in full screen mode. Great video :) but have 2 questions now...

1) says at the end in credits permit #331 or something. Do you need a special permit to MD public land in that city and if so How do I find out if Marrietta Ga has similar permits.

2) How do I claim my 1982 penny or was that a keeper and I get 5 bucks LOL

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HaHa...good job on the hunt and the video. Thanks for adding some brightness to this wet, dismal day! You never mentioned whether #7 was a keeper or not...so i'm sending down a carrier pigeon with instructions for either case. I don't think the NSA really needs to know what my decision is.

no problems viewing the entire video

Last edited:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are so silly You know I won. Lol

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was fun lordmarcovan! Thanks for the game and vid...

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear the freezeup glitch at the end was not a problem everybody had, though it seems several including me had it.

Might be a connection thing, surely? My satellite connection went to :censored: right after I posted it. :BangHead:

Unca' Jeff- our city doesn't require a permit, per se. I just went to the City Manager's office and got one. Took some 'splainin'. Finally after I went from door to door, somebody issued me Special Permit #331. And never put an expiration date on it. That was in 1999. So it's just an official piece of paper I can wave at anybody who hassles me unduly. Not the cops- they're usually friendly. I've even dug in the former mayor's yard. (Remind me and I'll link that story up later, when my connection is working better.) And I usually move on if somebody is uncomfortable with my being there. There are plenty of other places I can hunt, after all. Not worth getting into an argument with anybody. I did have one homeowner who lived adjacent to one of the parks who used to hassle me a lot, and even would follow me out into the park, call the cops on me, etc. Then I'd show the cops my permit and they'd drive off. So here the permit is not vital, but nice to have.

You'll just have to call around and ask your city manager, police, etc. what your local ordinances are. Don't be surprised if a lot of the folks you call have no idea, themselves.

Do you really want a 1982 cent? Haha.

As you might have guessed, Target #4 and Target #10 were the keepers this time. I will PM those folks later when my connection improves. (Unless they read this first, in which case, hey, y'all- PM your email addresses and I'll zap you your prizes.)

Target #9 was a semi-keeper. Not a full keeper in the sense of my putting it in my dug coin album, or paying a prize for it. But if Player #9 wants it they can have it for the price of a stamp, I guess. Otherwise, it will go into my "Wheatie Jar".

Everything else was just... stuff. Either junk or modern coins.

But my coins-to-crap ratio was pretty good (7 out of 10).

And I consider the ratio of keepers to non-keepers (2 out of 10) also pretty good.

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed something really weird ... lordM only has 2 likes very strange should of at least have 10 from this thread alone. Going to first post and like this thread it was fun & entertaining.

*** edit*** there he has 3 like now

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thread, it was fun. Good vid, very entertaining compared to some i've watched. Like the fact that you didn't edit out filling in your holes. +1

HH

Jay

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lordmarcovan, thanks for putting this thing together. I really enjoyed the whole thing!!
The video was fantastic, I had no problems viewing it. That is a super camera set up you have, and you seem skilled with it.
Good luck in your future ventures. My hats off to you sir! You have done a fine job!:occasion14:

Roy
BTWl what camera and head gear are you using?

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheat

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the Zincoln wasn't hit by that mower it would have been a keeper! Just my luck. :)

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lordmarcovan, thanks for putting this thing together. I really enjoyed the whole thing!!
The video was fantastic, I had no problems viewing it. That is a super camera set up you have, and you seem skilled with it.
Good luck in your future ventures. My hats off to you sir! You have done a fine job!:occasion14:

Roy
BTWl what camera and head gear are you using?
Thanks! Not bad for my second video and first one with this camera, huh? The camera is a Contour Roam. It's made for surfers and extreme sports types. (I dunno if detecting qualifies as an "extreme" sport, but on some of the relic sites I've been to, maybe!) I was pleased with the video, though the 170-degree wide angle lens on the camera does give things a bit of a fisheye aspect. I had a headband for the camera but I found that when I used the camera on that, it shot out directly in front of me, too high, and you couldn't see what my hands were doing. So I had to improvise with an extra adhesive swivel mount I got with it. I mounted that on the bill of an old ball cap, enabling me to shoot downward at a slight angle so you could see all the dig action. (Note the picture of me and my gear at the end of the video. You can also see the silhouette of the hat-mounted camera in my shadow in some shots.)

Last edited:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a little ativa, its a decent little cam, but me thinks I would need something with wider lens. I have a older cam, a sony with a hard drive. Its a little heavy, but I would guess I would need to figure a way to mount in (wherever)

Thanks for the info. The child giggling at the end was a super nice touch!

Roy

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a little ativa, its a decent little cam, but me thinks I would need something with wider lens. I have a older cam, a sony with a hard drive. Its a little heavy, but I would guess I would need to figure a way to mount in (wherever)

Thanks for the info. The child giggling at the end was a super nice touch!

Roy

Is that a Sony Mavica, by any chance? Takes the little diskettes? I have one of those. Used to carry it with me. Great camera, but it's about as bulky and heavy as a boat anchor. Much nicer with this new one, which I can mount on my cap for some hands-free shooting.

The child giggling at the end was part of the original song. My stepfather made the music, so I think that's one of his grandchildren (one of my nephews- but not one of the ones you see in my video. That giggle would have been from one of my youngest sister's twin boys, I think.)

Went out Sunday and yesterday, so I've got two more movies in production! I'm converting the raw video as we speak. Might take me a couple of days to have some presentable movies, but then again, I'm off today and tomorrow and plan to work on 'em. Now that I am getting used to video production it should get easier and a little quicker, hopefully.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that a Sony Mavica, by any chance? Takes the little diskettes? I have one of those. Used to carry it with me. Great camera, but it's about as bulky and heavy as a boat anchor. Much nicer with this new one, which I can mount on my cap for some hands-free shooting.

The child giggling at the end was part of the original song. My stepfather made the music, so I think that's one of his grandchildren (one of my nephews- but not one of the ones you see in my video. That giggle would have been from one of my youngest sister's twin boys, I think.)

Went out Sunday and yesterday, so I've got two more movies in production! I'm converting the raw video as we speak. Might take me a couple of days to have some presentable movies, but then again, I'm off today and tomorrow and plan to work on 'em. Now that I am getting used to video production it should get easier and a little quicker, hopefully.
The camera is a Model 22 Ativa. I think it'll do the job, I tried it out hand holding the camera while swinging the detector. Hopefully I have found a way to do it without a head mount and I should be receiving the parts next week.
I am trying to get my 'editing ducks in a row' so to speak. I bought Video Pad Editor ,It seems to have a learning curve that I possibly may be able to overcome. It still however, does not seem to be the proverbial answer to a maidens prayer.
What software are you using? Is it possible to do frame editing with it, or just clip editing?
Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread