scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold coins and jewelry, hope you have a busy beach nearby. I have no experience with the gold machines, but there are machines that are specifically designed to find gold. For your price range you would have to look for a used one. Look at the Tesoro golden u max.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter if you spend $300 or $3000 you will dig some junk. If your not you're missing finds.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed im one of them i have the v3i with some ad ons sef 10x12 & the sunray probé I still dig trash up aswell theres no way around u can eventually get good with ur detector & cut down the % of trash but u will still dig some

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My opinion, get a Tesoro Silver uMax or maybe better yet a Tesoro Compadre with a Garrett Pro Pointer. You will have top quality detector with a lifetime guarantee. You don't need a display to jump all over the place and lie to you. Either of these two detectors will serve your needs really well and find the goods. Google reviews on them and you will see it is hard to find anyone that has something negative to say about them. They are simple and just flat out work well.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all vdi or screen detectors lie there along with the audio some give very precise data

Orvin

Jun 5, 2013
Charlottesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new to metal detecting as well, I read most of the factory hype about 6 or 7 detectors and like you I had a tight budget so after reading a lot of pros and cons I settled on a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 from Kellyco's scratch and dent detector was brand new and no marks on it just was re-packed in a different box but got it for $199.00 plus a set of head phones for another 36 bucks. It fills my needs to enjoy the hobby from my point of view the (best) detector is the one that will let you have some fun and fits your pocket book. I am sure there are other detectors better suited for certain things. Kind of like 35 mm photography you pick a good camera that fills the bill then choose a film with the ISO to do the best job like 100, 200, 300 etc.

OP
OP
U

uchihadesendent

Jun 22, 2013
Wawa, on
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to metal detecting as well, I read most of the factory hype about 6 or 7 detectors and like you I had a tight budget so after reading a lot of pros and cons I settled on a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 from Kellyco's scratch and dent detector was brand new and no marks on it just was re-packed in a different box but got it for $199.00 plus a set of head phones for another 36 bucks. It fills my needs to enjoy the hobby from my point of view the (best) detector is the one that will let you have some fun and fits your pocket book. I am sure there are other detectors better suited for certain things. Kind of like 35 mm photography you pick a good camera that fills the bill then choose a film with the ISO to do the best job like 100, 200, 300 etc.

Hey thanks for your point of view I appreciate it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread