bkamusic

Greenie
Jun 22, 2013
wilson county, tenn
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a portion of a farm that was given in a dowry i the 1800's. the last Bell to live on this farmdied in a house fire in 1932. One and only person told me that they never found her head or the gold hoop earings she always wore. I teased my friends about bringing there metal detector and a hat box, and let's go hunting. I never really believed this story. The area is littered with nails, tin, and other trash so hunting there is hard. I decided to take my bobcat down to the old house seat and srape off the top layer. With about 30 minutes of daylight left, I grabbed my detector, and went at it. Heard the high sound i like to dig. Found the biggest horseshoe I have ever seen, then an empty cartridge. Scan the hole again, the high sound is still there. Carefully, in the dim light I scraped away the soil. Then I saw them. two round brassy objects, the edge just sticking out of the ground. Finger digging now till they moved and revealed themselves. Ever seen the inside of a pockect watch or wind up clock? thats what it was, two wheels out of one of those. You should have seen my wifes eyes when I told her and showed her the "earrings". priceless! looking forward to shareing real finds in the future. using a gamma 6000.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
3rd - Nice finds and thoroughly enjoyed your play by play bkamusic.

Orvin

Jun 5, 2013
Charlottesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@bkamusic,

Welcome to the site from the Commonwealth of the state of Virginia. Happy hunting..!!!

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tennessee has a lot of history. I go down to Coker Creek every year prospecting. Beautiful country down there.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good story, keep us posted on what you find there. Should be a good spot, with, or without, earrings!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread