Jul 1, 2013
fennville,MI
Detector(s) used
garret atpro
propointer
sampson 18" digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IM from Michigan and this summer my friend and I decided to get some detectors since were on lake michigan's shore. We both went with the at pro based on advice from the shop owner in town. We havnt had any luck at the beaches yet with about 10 hours in so IM wondering is this the right machine? I did find this in my yard though kinda cool since my house was the first here only 10 years ago.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130701_014056.png
    ForumRunner_20130701_014056.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda cool? That's awesome, I detected for about 5 years before a got my first silver coin, nice find, I'd say its the right machine

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
I noticed this is your very first posting - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First welcome to the site ull notice here there r lots of great people to help u in getting answers now what ur asking
The Atpro is an awesome detector one of the most versitile really now it can b used at the beach but to get it to calm down try doin a manual ground balance & lowering ur sensitivity to like 3-4, although it can b used anywhere & will work on land & water a full water detector would work better if u were just doin water, but with the Atpro u guys can detect anywhere u want another thing that may help & id definetly look into is a 5x8 coil makes the Atpro even better read ur manual alot over & over,watch garrets how to vids, & even some youtube vids more knowledge u have on ur detector the better finds ur gonna get, also go to those beaches early befor people crowd or after they leave they get filled ( restocked) with items every day good luck guys

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very awesome! I've been detecting several years and never found one! Has a lot to do with history of your town. Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of folks out there detecting the water and beaches, so patience and persistence is needed. Do some research to see if there are smaller or lesser known beaches around, or places where people make have swam or picnicked that are no longer in use. If you are detecting popular beaches, try the end of the day or at dawn before other hunters hit it.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TreasureNet. Very nice find. I only dream of finding one of those.
If you found that with your detector I would say you better stick with it. If you haven't found anything at the lake beach in 10 hours I would say there probably wasn't anything there to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread