has anyone used a si robertson detector

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just curious if there was anyone WHO has used one i know they r still pretty new when I first saw it there was only 1, model now theres 2 the higher priced one even has a gps on it I guess it can Store like 10 locations. Anyways just curious if anyones used on is all both r under $500 I think around $4 mayb

Upvote 0

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kind of hokey looking. I have been tryining to figure out what company is making them ?

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kind of hokey looking. I have been tryining to figure out what company is making them ?
They're labeled as Treasure Commander metal detectors. I wouldn't doubt it if they have some connection to First Texas, though.

I didn't know they were out yet? Last I saw it said preorder on Kellyco's homepage.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definetly a odd machine & ya kellyco has 2 versions out I was just curious is to how or what other machine they may perform as or close to. Kinda cool they threw a gps on it I mean the only one like that is ctx 3030 ya know

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definetly a odd machine & ya kellyco has 2 versions out I was just curious is to how or what other machine they may perform as or close to. Kinda cool they threw a gps on it I mean the only one like that is ctx 3030 ya know
The GPS is a cool feature. I'm anxious to find out what they are like. Maybe I'll have to pick one up as a third stringer, haha.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More cheap chi-com crap detectors thrown out there by KC.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More cheap chi-com crap detectors thrown out there by KC.
What are you talking about? It has to be good, it's endorsed by the Duck Commanders! Just like EVERYTHING else is now it seems. Pretty soon you will be able to have a Duck Commander shovel to dig the target your Duck Commander metal detector found, which was powered by Duck Commander batteries.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know the spec ,, the touch screen is very innovative,, and it has a trigger ,so if you cant dig it out shoot ******* , GPS yeh lovely how accurate is that ten feet twenty feet ,, but I guess you shouldn't not knock it till you tried it ,, it looks the business, don't drop it in the long grass ,your never find it again...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My personal opinion the si robertson label
turns it into a toy, sort of like buying a Bat man Flash light.
May show you a Bat signal,

index.jpg

But don't use it to find your way around in a black out,
or to fix your car, or anything else you would normally use a flash light for .

99% of the value is in the name.
True or Not, That's what anything dork dynasty is connected to says in my head

Last edited:

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one.. I won it in a contest from Kellyco.. It's made by GFX Ground Effects and the box says made in China.. Seems to be well made though, the coil cable runs up through the pistol grip shaft and even has a backlight for low light or dark hunting.. I haven't tried it anywhere except my backyard and it used to be a landfill so my signals are bouncing all over the screen but they do that with my Garrett AT Pro too because of all the different trash in my yard.. May go out tomorrow in an open field that used to be a garden and compare the two and see how it does.. Will post results if and when I go... It sorta depends on how I'm feeling and the pain in my back and knees from day to day.. Anyways, like I stated before, I won it so if I don't like it, I'll sell or trade it..

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one.. I won it in a contest from Kellyco.. It's made by GFX Ground Effects and the box says made in China.. Seems to be well made though, the coil cable runs up through the pistol grip shaft and even has a backlight for low light or dark hunting.. I haven't tried it anywhere except my backyard and it used to be a landfill so my signals are bouncing all over the screen but they do that with my Garrett AT Pro too because of all the different trash in my yard.. May go out tomorrow in an open field that used to be a garden and compare the two and see how it does.. Will post results if and when I go... It sorta depends on how I'm feeling and the pain in my back and knees from day to day.. Anyways, like I stated before, I won it so if I don't like it, I'll sell or trade it..

Really! It's made by gfx I knew it a couple of weeks ago a said something about how similar the two were & that the ones that stayd with the name gfx both models ran oh couple hundred & kellyco came out with the duck ones that looked the same with same specs everything but tripled the price. I asked y they said they were totally different the gfx were copies made on china when I actually saw those out befor the duck ones that's crazy to bad for kellyco

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are you talking about? It has to be good, it's endorsed by the Duck Commanders! Just like EVERYTHING else is now it seems. Pretty soon you will be able to have a Duck Commander shovel to dig the target your Duck Commander metal detector found, which was powered by Duck Commander batteries.

And i can wear my Duck Dynasty under shorts while using the Duck Commander metal detector and digger. Now i need to get some DD plants, shirt, gloves, and hat.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They aren't stupid. They know that this gravy-train of popularity will end before long and they are milking it for as much as they can, while they can.

lesplay2

Oct 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you want on like this with a gps option made gfx ground effects look at www.amazon.com/Groundefx-mx2 and it has most every option that this detector you are asking about for $125.00 hell of a price difference and thats brand new:laughing7:

Attachments

• mx2 detector.jpg
    mx2 detector.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about the Phil Robertson TCX3. It's Touch Screen & GPS (and a few other bells and whistles) Anyone tried that one? I have been really thinking about going and purchasing the TCX3. Rather than the TCX1 & 2.

BUT... once I saw that picture above. I remember now checking into those Metal Detectors. "JUST" to have one since no one else I knew had one like that and to see if it was any better than my Fishers.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find the exact same ones even on fee Bay every option the robertson ones have just a normal paint job & a quarter of what there askin cuz it doesnt say robertson I think but not positive ground fx makes them not 100% positive the real company name

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea... I was told they make em! It's on the box.

Last edited:

starflyer59

Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of getting one of these. My F2 is just not doing the job anymore. I have read in other forums that this detector is comparable to the Garrett Ace 350 and some of the field reports look good. Duck Dynasty aside...has anyone actually used one of these?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions