What do you do with your finds?

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on how much you want to dig. There are easier ways to make a living, for sure.
I know one guy that does turn all his scrap in for salvage. It adds up. Enough to offset the cost of a new detector, maybe even pay for one outright, but I wouldn't try to pay for the house with it.
Personally, I try not to dig up anything I'm not going to keep, so my trash is just that and gets thrown away.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At about $.08 a pound, you're not likely to pay for your gas down the metal recyclers let alone make a house payment unless you have a BIG truck and lots of scrap! Now if you have a bunch of copper, brass, aluminum, etc......it might be worth the trip. That's about all I save is the non-ferrous and wait until I have another reason to head over to the area where the scrap yard is so I can combine trips to save on gas. Our local detector club collects pull tabs and crusty Zincolns for Ronald McDonald House so those go to them.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use our clad to fill in gaps between pays. That clad really adds up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread