How often do most get out

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious as to how often most get out to detect? I got my new X terra 705 around January and havent gotten out as much as I planned. With my youngest back in school i promised myself i will get out more. So yesterday i got out for about an hour or two and today I got out for an hour. I plan on getting out for at least a couple hours during the week and weekend time will be a bonus. So where do i fit in with the rest of you with my new plan for detecting time?

Upvote 0

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw I I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work full time but run home, change and go out at least 4 nights a week and every weekend if I can. I so love this hobby it drives me crazy !!! :D

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since finding a '45 (1845) large cent last Sunday, 4x's. Lol. Usually 2-3. The key is taking a kid. Much less "heat" if I do. :laughing7:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since finding a '45 (1845) large cent last Sunday, 4x's. Lol. Usually 2-3. The key is taking a kid. Much less "heat" if I do. :laughing7:

I agree with the taking a kid part. My daughter used to go with me, she has kind of lost interest, so it makes it harder to get out without certain people complaining.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's never to toasty or never to chilly, and never humid here in SoCal, so I have been hitting the beach 3-4 days per week, 3-4 hours per day. I start swinging at 5:00AM, home by 9:30AM, that leaves me the rest of the day to figure out where to hit the next day. I've been swinging on the beaches between Long Beach & Newport Beach. Planning on taking a week in October to hit the Owens Valley and the Eastern Sierras.

laurenB

Aug 24, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
V3i, Garrett Pinpointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not often enough! But that will change soon :-)

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to get out only about 6-8 times a year. I got a friend into the hobby and we went out earlier in the year and he smoked me and later found out that he had been getting out a couple of times a week for a year. This is when I decided that I needed to get more into it or quit the hobby. Currently, I am constantly researching and I get out about 3 times a week for the past 2-3 months. Sometimes nothing more than to find clad along a sidewalk. I have bought better equipment and I am more slower and patient than my friend is (which is frustrating because he wants to leave a site) but I find myself doing better than him most times. I have had to suck up my fear and knock on doors and I am fairly good at gaining permission which has been a major advantage for me.

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre/GPP/Lesche/Bomb Sheath
I try and get out at the minimum of 2 days but usually it's more like 3 or 4 days per week and hunts lasting anywhere from 3 to 6 hours per hunt.The way I look at it,your not gonna find a darn thing sitting around the house all the time,gotta be out there if you expect to find anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread