How often do most get out

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious as to how often most get out to detect? I got my new X terra 705 around January and havent gotten out as much as I planned. With my youngest back in school i promised myself i will get out more. So yesterday i got out for about an hour or two and today I got out for an hour. I plan on getting out for at least a couple hours during the week and weekend time will be a bonus. So where do i fit in with the rest of you with my new plan for detecting time?

Upvote 0

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Everybodys schedules are different, I try and detect everyday, but I have no kids, and my wife finally gave in to the notion that I wont ever stop, so we got her, her very own detector today, and for as cheap as it was, it works really well.

Mike

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We're going to try and get out more.it used to be that we wouldn't get to go but every four or five months but that was because we just didn't have any sites to go.My husband has been doing research and finding us some more places to go so as the weather gets cooler we will definitely go out more.BC 1969, I think that's cool that your wife likes to detect too.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been soo hot here in Texas that I try to get out in the early morning around 6a.m. or late in the day around 7p.m.,but with Fall coming,we might start getting some cooler weather so I'll go out more.Right now I only get out 1 or 2 days a week.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired now, so nearly every day for a few hours. When I was working, along 3-4 hour hunt on Saturdays, and a couple shorter hunts during the week. I hunt parks and shorelines mostly in the spring and fall, and water detect in the summer.

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going every day in the summer after the kids went to summer camp, I work 3rd trick so I'm home all day, now the weather is changing and I haven't gone out in awhile.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We're going to try and get out more.it used to be that we wouldn't get to go but every four or five months but that was because we just didn't have any sites to go.My husband has been doing research and finding us some more places to go so as the weather gets cooler we will definitely go out more.BC 1969, I think that's cool that your wife likes to detect too.

Coily I have friends in Hendersonville TN A few years ago they were building to the south of their development. Being from Jersey I am going to say they were leveling a small mountain with explosives. It was a very large area of development. Anyway I spent time in and around the area detecting. I found numerous older coins, CW artifacts and bullets. I hunted the tip of the iceberg. I am sure their are houses there now.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't just go out because the weather is good. It pays to remember the seven Ps: "Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"! If you don't think this is the correct direction to take, ask yourself this question: "Have I ever forgot to bring______(fill in the blank), and discovered the hunt is over because of it?"

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to go out every day but I fear I have wore out my equipment. Im considering getting a new detector soon. I dont even want to talk about the Propointer I just bought and it took a crap on me. Wanna guess what I wont be buying?

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I'm in Texas too. Early mornings and evenings when it's not scorching outside.
When the cool weather hits, I'll be out several times a week with longer hunt times.

HH

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going out everyday for 2 to 6 hours but I had some home improvements to do so that took most of the summer. I put up a Pergola, redid my bathroom and remodeled my kitchen with new cabinets and appliances.

I started again this week going daily about 3 to 4 hrs a day so far

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
During the spring, summer, and fall it is every other day at times. I bought a house this summer so my detecting time was reduced greatly for several months. The good thing about buying a house is that it is on several acres of land with a big 1930s barn and the house being built in the 1920s. So when I get home and don't feel like driving anywhere to detect I'll just hit one places in the back yard that I have gridded off.

Last night I was going to squeeze in a quick 30 minute hunt while running errands. I hit a new park that had obviously never been searched in a long time and ended up there for several hours. I'm always using my breaks at work to research old properties that I have found and calling to get permission to hunt them.

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go when I can...of course, our kids loaded the yard with pennies when they were young, so I can practice at home as well.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a truck driver friend who thinks its fun to throw his spare change in my yard........no lack of targets in my yard lol.

The Garret folks called me today. Said there was nothing wrong with the pin pointer going crazy, it is supposed to do that. Its so you can find it if you loose it in the weeds. It also is to save the battery as it forces you to turn it off. Then the guy asked if I heard about the new ATX, which I did. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy one, which I did. But after the propointer acting crazy a week after I got it, Im gonna pass for now.

I would have to hunt the yard more than a few times anyway to afford it. I would like to know more about the machine, but will just wait till someone buys one and shares.

This summer I worked on my bathroom too, so guess Im not the only one who thinks like that. I can handle the heat we have now, it was just too hot this summer for me. I am going to make a video of the propointer next time it flips out. For all the effort they put into it, it should work when it gets to you. I just dont want to hunt without it. If I have to send it in, Ill go nuts. 10 day turn around doesnt seem like much, but that is a lifetime for me.

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
I am in central Texas and try to get out 1-2 times a week. I am still trying to learn my machines

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I try to go every day. Rain or shine. The problem is my home remodeling projects are taking longer to finish. This hobby has consumed my soul. Lol I love the playground we are blessed to have. Get out and enjoy it. Enjoy the sunrises and sunsets. Enjoy seeing the wildlife. Enjoy the salt filled breeze. Its what the playground was meant for. To Enjoy

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1-2 times per week if I'm lucky! Working 50-60 hours a week in 90 degree heat takes the wind out of your sail. Beach hunting is always fun no matter what the temps are!

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try and get out a few times after work, and both days on the weekend....I usally get up around 5am and get to my hunt spot right before the sun comes up...I love it too..nothing like being up before the sun is

I would say probally around 30 hours a week

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iam retired and go out about 1 to 2 hours at leat 5 days a week.Now if i just get lucky and start finding something i will be real happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread