Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DogTagVetDay.jpg DogTagVetDay2.jpg
Not one, but two. I found both of these this past Veterans day, in the same field about 30 feet apart. I couldn't believe my eyes! From my research a house once sat in that field, but there is no rhyme or reason why these dog tags were there. After contacting the daughter of Mr. Denton, she told me that she had no idea how how his dog tag could have gotten there because as far as she knew, he was never this far north. She also stated that the family never had possession of the tags to her knowledge. She also stated that he had served in several countries during the war. She did tell me that after his service, he came back to the states only to be paralyzed after an auto accident with a dump truck.

Imagine that, surviving the war only to be paralyzed by a dump truck. She told me that she was unaware of who Samuel Carter was. I wondered if Mr Carter lost his life in WWII and if Mr Denton had somehow kept his dog tag? T41 and T43 means that they had their tetanus shots in 1941 and 1943. I returned George Denton's dog tag to his daughter, although she never thanked me. Oh well, at least they are with family because I knew as soon as I dug the tag up that it didn't belong to me.

As for Mr. Carters tag, I have been unsuccessful at locating the next of kin. The next of kin are the names at the bottom of the tags. I couldn't believe that on veterans day, in an empty field in Arkansas I found not one but two WWII veterans dog tags 30 feet apart! They both rang up as a nickel on my F2. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good karma will be your thanks! Well done!

OP
OP
OZARKS

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:) Thanks! Appreciate you!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds. That's great you could track and return the one tag. Also really crazy to find them on veterans day.

Happy Hunting!

Pete

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try contacting the local vfw

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found them on veterans day! How cool is that! Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread