found worm hole or vortex while detecting school yard.

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea I know it sounds weird, but I was detecting in an old school yard and got a signal by an old maple tree. I dug the hit and was kind of crouched down almost kneeling but not. I pulled out some sort of religious medallion and as my hand came up to about my knee cap ( 12 inches above the ground) the medallion slipped out of my fingers and fell straight down to the ground. At least that is what I thought happened. What really happened ( theory) is that the medallion fell through some sort of worm hole or vortex / crack in the space time continuum. Why do I think this happened you might ask. I looked for this medallion several times during the next few hours, I used the metal detector, scratched the grass with my fingers and could not find this little medallion. It dropped around 12 inches straight to the ground. it couldn't have bounced and it wasn't there. I finally gave up on finding it and decided to go home. I walked about 2 feet away where I had a sifter and a gold pan sitting on the ground ( yes I use my classifier and gold pan while digging ) and there under the gold pan was the medallion. BTW the gold pan and classifier had been there the whole time. The only other thing I can think of that may have happened is that a really stealthy squirrel snuck between my legs while I wasn't looking and stole the medallion and hid it under the gold pan and then sat in the tree laughing at me... But probably not.

True story.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
wild eyed willey

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
you should have stopped after two hits I too have a wormhole after three hits

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard a lot of weird treasure hunting/haunting stories over the years. I believe in some of it, but I am also skeptical of things.

I would go back, and dangle that medal around and drop it a few times and see if anything would happen again. Perhaps there is something nice to dig up on the other side of the tree and something/someone was trying to distract you?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
h44D27F6C.jpg Just kidding (been waiting to use this pic)
but seriously - dont know about your case - could be ghost instead of wormhole or vortex
but one of my fav cases - which was not widely publisized - before HLN and CNN and interent
early 80s I believe - guy was at a huge city park with friends - people all around picnicing - throw footballs
flying kites -etc. guy was playing frisbee and ran out for a toss in a huge open field - and vanished right in front of everyone there
witnessed by at least 5-6 people but others were right there - guy reappeared like 6 hrs later in a nother part of the park with no memory of where he had been
and the time that had been lost

OP
OP
wild eyed willey

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have heard a lot of weird treasure hunting/haunting stories over the years. I believe in some of it, but I am also skeptical of things.

I would go back, and dangle that medal around and drop it a few times and see if anything would happen again. Perhaps there is something nice to dig up on the other side of the tree and something/someone was trying to distract you?
Wish I could, it turns out the guy who gave me permission to hunt the property was just a contractor and not the owner.. Well the owner showed up and put the brakes on any further searching despite my having permission from the GC.

OP
OP
wild eyed willey

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 896776 Just kidding (been waiting to use this pic)
but seriously - dont know about your case - could be ghost instead of wormhole or vortex
but one of my fav cases - which was not widely publisized - before HLN and CNN and interent
early 80s I believe - guy was at a huge city park with friends - people all around picnicing - throw footballs
flying kites -etc. guy was playing frisbee and ran out for a toss in a huge open field - and vanished right in front of everyone there
witnessed by at least 5-6 people but others were right there - guy reappeared like 6 hrs later in a nother part of the park with no memory of where he had been
and the time that had been lost
I gotta ask, did he have the Frisbee??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread