A dirt fish bite me!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was fishing around a old walkway last night and got a deep bite. Started reeling the line in and it kept running. Finally got it up to the top and was trying to grab it, the metal tooth sucker bite me! Split the tips of my index and middle finger clear to the nail tip. Got it in hand and it was the kinda rare shredded up zinc jar fish! Sadly no other fish in the hole though, would have been happy with those silver dollar cache fish.

I learned a lesson I'm wearing gloves from now on, those old mason jar lids are freaking sharp.

Upvote 0

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's why I always wear GOOD gloves. I take a lot of heart meds, blood thinners, etc, so even a small cut will bleed bad enough to wreak my day! I keep a small first aid kit in the Jeep. I use Mechinix gloves,

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those canning jar lids sound so sweet, and then you see them, and picture a jar full of coins beneath......but no...just another lid.:BangHead:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got permission to hunt this place earlier in the year. I just knew old coins were going to leap into my pouch. Apparently the people who used to live here spent all those coins on zinc lids! Gloves are as much a part of my tools as any digging tool.
aqu2a2ed.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions