New to Metal Detecting & The Best Cleaning Supplies?

prosson80

Oct 23, 2013
Nacogdoches & Tyler, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very new to metal detecting. I've found quite a few bullets & bullet casings and a few metal/steel/iron things but really have no idea what they are because they're all covered in rust. Does anyone know what can take all the rust off my finds? I'd love to know what the finds actually are and so I can share my finds on the forum as well. Thanks for any tips & help!!

Only been hunting for a cpl wks at my parents land here in Southwest Nacogdoches County. I'm getting addicted lol but it's something to do. Any & all tips are very welcomed, Thanks again.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot will depend on the item. If it's historical or collectible, you probably won't want to do much in the cleaning department. Hot soapy water and a soft bristled toothbrush maybe. If they don't have much value or won't be harmed by cleaning, use a rock tumbler. Evaporust works pretty good on iron/steel items. Jeweluster and/or a hydrosonic machine works good on jewelry. Some Jewelry stores will clean stuff for free!

kristof.wanderer

Mar 23, 2014
Nacogdoches Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there. I also live in Nacogdoches County and have been looking for a hunting buddy. If you're up to having a sidekick let me know and we'll arrange a time and place. I have access to approximately 2,600 acres (combined) of private land on the east side of the county that is riddled with old homesites and old roadways/trails :)

Be safe, GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread