its time to sharpen up the diggers

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today & wow it got really cold fast earlier this week I went out with my son dug plugs deep as I needed to with my smaller lesche, not the case today frozen ground i still was able to get a couple bux in clad no silver,no gold,some trash but the clad I got I worked for it winter is coming & the samson digger is now,sharpened. I just cant give in to winter

Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I hear you! I barely got the probe in the ground Sunday, plugs were out of the question couldn't get them neatly back in the ground. #%£¥ winter! So now it's a pick axe and just wait'n for the snow. Gona hit the parking lot plowed piles, and collect my quota of phone & car parts, clad & keys, hopefully a little bling! HH!

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes winter's coming.... guess I'm going to have to put on a sweater -)

Okie Treasure

Nov 24, 2013
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes winter's coming.... guess I'm going to have to put on a sweater -)

Now that's my kind of thinking. Next week we'll be headed to the gulf coast of TX for 2-3 weeks. Back for Christmas and New Years (if roads are OK) then back down south.
The older I get...the more I hate cold nasty weather!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tried to put a little edge on my Lesche cuz it is dull as a stick, man that's no easy task....................sugestions for sharpening?

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tried to put a little edge on my Lesche cuz it is dull as a stick, man that's no easy task....................sugestions for sharpening?

It's made out of chromoly steel that's why. I use a used 4 inch sanding disk similar to this on a 4 inch grinder being careful not to burn the edges of the Lesche, the grinder I have is variable speed so I turn the RMP's down low.
100_0592.JPG 100_0593.JPG

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly low speed as possible another thing u can use a knife sharpening stone it will take along time but u wont damage ur blade

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I tried christo000, it would take a month, lol I like the idea of a variable speed bench grinder. My 18" mini-Samson will be here today, but ground is hard as a brick. Thanks Potts, I got to work on that list to Santa!!
Exactly low speed as possible another thing u can use a knife sharpening stone it will take along time but u wont damage ur blade

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would take a while thats a fact for sure. Congrates on ur new tool im still a beleiver the 18" is the one anyone will get the mosr use out of digger end just as big as the rest, being a smaller handle no getting back up to use it, ull see hh

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sharpened my digger with a file that has a fine enough bite that it did not remove too much metal. Mine is not an expensive digger, but, it works well. I bought it from a garden center.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if my detector could pick up something under a few feet of snow, I don't think even a backhoe could get through our ground in winter.

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One good thing about living in the south...longer season! Get ready ladies and gentlemen...the spring thaw will be there before you know it!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i have my basement,,,,, dirt floor/hand poured concrete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions