First Finds, First time

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day for a first time out metal detecting. I was out 1-1/2 hours and had some fun finds. I found three pennies, two of which were wheaties, and two pieces of what feel like aluminum. The aluminum really got my blood moving because when I first saw them they looked like silver, and the size made me think dollar and half dollar. I found them at two different spots; same with the pennies. I decided to MD in my yard under the clothesline.

Now the problem is that I can tell the date on two of the pennies, one 1956 and one 1959 but the other is too hard to see a date. I haven't really cleaned them up much because I don't know how yet but it was a ton of fun all the same. Guess I can say that I'm hooked on this sport!

Attachments

• All finds 12-22-13.jpg
    All finds 12-22-13.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Pennies-both sides.jpg
    Pennies-both sides.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds for your first! Congrats! Keep swinging that coil and learning from your detector and the finds will increase, and one of these days you will see the glint of silver or gold in the hole! HH!

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds......there will be discouraging days but just think of all the exciting finds ahead when those days come. Digging a new signal reminds me of how I felt as a kid opening Christmas presents, sometimes you got socks but the real memories are about all the great things that you cherished as a child!:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions