Selling Experience

Rick James

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I got impulsive and purchased the XP Deus that I had been thinking about. I just listed some of the nicer accessories from my E-Trac on a popular undisclosed auction site for drastically reduced prices. I got the Deus for such a good deal, I don't mind passing some good fortune along to others.

However, I did not list my nearly new E-Trac yet, because I am an not sure what to do. I bought it from Bart at BBH, so my first inclination was to see if he was interested in selling it as a used model, even though it is in pristine condition. I could just auction it with the rest of the stuff, but that undisclosed site takes a nice chunk of my sale. Another thought was to become a charter member and list it on TN.

The only problem is this account is fairly new, and I'm not sure how secure that transaction could be. The last thing I would want is to end up in a bad situation and lose such an expensive item. Are there any problems that could occur with a TN sale, or is there a way to complete the transaction with both sides having protection against fraud?

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First become a Charter Member, then list it. I sold a brand new E-Trac a month ago with no problem. The member sent me a check, it cleared, I shipped the machine. Easy as that.

OP
OP
Rick James

Rick James

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First become a Charter Member, then list it. I sold a brand new E-Trac a month ago with no problem. The member sent me a check, it cleared, I shipped the machine. Easy as that.

I think that might be the route I go, but I would opt for a Paypal transaction, as they have some security, and I have a long history of transactions with them.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to pay Paypal, that is your choice - Good Luck!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had member send me checks and I've used Paypal. Paypal is convenient and faster, but in order to be protected you have to have the transaction as "Goods and Services" and 3% added. I have never had problems outside of Ebay on a transaction and this was less then 1/2 a percent.

Both detectors will compliment each other. The speed of the Deus will find coins missed by the Etrac and vice versa. You might consider keeping both.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had great success both buying and selling through Tnet classified. My experience is that you can get more by selling to an individual rather than to a dealer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions