TRX owners with Gpp back up

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you have been hooked on the Whites, and have logged some productive hours with your new toy. try this leave your TRX at home on your next hunt and pull out that old Gpp. This is how my day started but on purpose I chose to only take the Gpp with me with my RS as back up. It did not take long to decide that things were not going very well and the desire for something better was in order. The full length sensing of the Gpp kept throwing me off and after an hour and a half I took the long walk back to the truck and pulled the RS out for the remainder of the morning. The recovery time was definitely much longer than what I had grown use to with the TRX so now I am thinking that maybe the only decent back up for the TRX is yet another of the same.:hello2:

Upvote 0

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered my trx a month ago in the mean time bought the minelab because the garrett was going down the tube. I really like the minelab seems really stable and works great, but the whites seems even better with one day of use. I think garrett needs to revamp with a new model. Who ever comes out with a pinpointer that nulls on iron and hits non iron and is waterproof will have a winner.

ak_1234

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a keypad be out of order? To discriminate it will lose depth in discrimination so having a way to turn it off would be desirable it seems to me.

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a keypad be out of order? To discriminate it will lose depth in discrimination so having a way to turn it off would be desirable it seems to me.

A pin pointer with select able iron discrimination, That is a very interesting thought. I wonder if anyone said that to the Whites folks when they were asking for ideas when they were developing the TRX?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread