Where did you find most of your gold jewelry finds?

F

foolserrand

Just curious where most gold jewelry finds are made (on land).

I assume the poll will show that parks will win the poll.? ?I personally have tried? to find gold at public parks, but the sheer number of trash at public parks is very daunting. I have spent whole days digging trash at a public parks & never one gold item.? ?I HAVE found silver jewelry at parks..... but no gold. Because of the high trash areas in parks... I tend to hunt in the wide open areas where the trash is less. Perhaps that is my problem.... I need to detect in the trashier, more active areas to find the gold.

The only gold i have ever found were 2 gold rings at a private (not public) athletic field where trash was at moderate levels.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a Drained Lake Bed. with the areas Surrounding Lakes & Swimming pools being second

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Finding Gold or any 'good' find in public parks is difficult but worth the effort. There is alot of trash which also tells you there has been alot of activity which means goodies. I actually spent over an hour in one spot. I sat down and only detected the area I could reach and kept pulling out trash until it was clear and out popped the silver

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Bobbie and I find most of our gold in school play areas and in parks play areas. We tend to concentrate on the parks in the spring and summer and school ones in spring summer and fall. Spring and summer for the parks mainly cause this is also ball time and lot of parks around here have ball fields near by so their is increase in usage. more folks of course means more finds. The old saying that gold is where you find it is very true, however if you concentrate onthe areas its more likely lost the more likely you are to find it
hh

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I get to vote! I have found one piece of gold! It was at an athletic field. If I find another do I get to vote again? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread