My first MD is on the way!

F

fleur325

Well, nothing high end, I ordered a BH Tracker IV from Amazon for 99.99.

I had surfed in here a few weeks ago, and remembered how much fun I had with an MD when I was a teen.? And, the more I read in here, and the more I thought about, the more I wanted an MD of my own.? I am one of those people that always stops to pick up shiny objects.? I love to wonder about the past history of things.? Maybe all that glitters isn't gold, but it is still treasure to those of us of the magpie persuasion.? ?:)

Anyhow, since I live in the heart of Uptown Nashville, a very urban, and well to do area, I figure I will do a lot of digging at the local park.? It is always very crowded and active there.? As soon as I get it, I am setting it to Onion's specs and going to dig everything I find.? You don't know me, even finding my first pull tab will get me excited.? What can I say?? I'm easy.? ?:D

Now, with free Super Saver shipping, all I have to do is wait.

Quick intro:

I answer to Rachael or Fleur325.? I am 30, married to a man I am going to be dragging to the park with me (poor thing!).? We have 4 cats, 1 dog, 1 guinea pig, and none of them have opposable thumbs to help with the digging.? I am studying History (how appropriate for me to have an MD, eh?) at Middle Tennessee State University when time and money permit.? That's pretty much it.

:::waves:::

Upvote 0

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
well good luck! I just recently got back into detecting and let me tell you it is all I can think about lately, it has consumed me!
I feel the same, everytime I dig something even if it is junk I get excited, I dont know when that wears off but it is a great feeling every time I get a good hit with my detector

Your dog should be able to help you dig, or do you have a stubborn lazy dog like I have? she only digs when SHE wants to and only does what SHE wants to ( you would think since I have spend over 12,000.00 yes TWELVE THOUSAND dollars on here in the past 9 months she would be a little more interested in MY needs.... oh well I love her the same ;D

one piece of advice, dont get discouraged, practice a lot and and dont expect much until you get to know your machine!

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rachael, Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby. As soon as you pull something nice out of the ground you will be buying another machine for you're husband and you wont have to drag him out. Happy Hunting.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Yep! You'll have him hooked in about ten min. My Daughter is in Nashville tonight to meet the family & friends of her intended. He lives in Brentwood & has invited me to come detect there. We are going to help our daughter move there in March & my DFX is coming along. If you find a good site, post it for a poor lost MD guy. Spotz

poptopking

Feb 6, 2005
southern middle Tennessee
Lucky you Rachael! As soon as you get the feel of your machine you can look for the good stuff. MTSU is a rocks throw from Stones river, the site of numerous Civil war camps and battles. If you can find a land owner to ask permission from in the area there is no telling what you can find. A friend of mine picked up around 100 droped bullets there in an afternoon the other day. Good luck and hope you can find a Confederate belt buckle. Set your sights high!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread