Anyone close to Fredrick , Western maryland area that knows any places to detect?

thumper

Nov 25, 2005
clifton forge virginia
Detector(s) used
radioshack discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems nobody from maryland has any advice.i moved here to southern md. In oct. And asked the same question. Didnt get any feedback. I have been hunting parks and schools so far. And some on the bay and pax river. Nobody has said anything yet so i guess its ok here

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
garrett ATPRO garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
click.. forum and scroll down to you hit the states and click on maryland and post there maybe you get a respond.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many places are secret and its best to join a club and get in with the old timers. The spots I have been to are mostly places that have been acquired by painstaking research and are held in the depths of the wise. A lot of these place were secured with permission years ago and most of property owners only talk to or let permission fall upon the original person who obtained the permission.

It's more or less a code of ethics around these parts. The areas I have acquired recently were all found with research and a persistence to keep my ears open for info regarding possible areas. Mainly from listening to persons with much more time on this earth than I have.

All in all the places I have been finding items recently is by luck. Currently working an area in a field I acquired permission for 3 years ago. Last Wednesday I found the area in the field that finally answered all my questions as to why I would find the random 1700's to 1800's flat buttons. Dug 15 in an area and a 1844 large cent. I believe it is an old homestead. Finding pottery as well.

Good luck! Pictures to follow after tomorrow morning.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Many places are secret and its best to join a club and get in with the old timers.
It's more or less a code of ethics around these parts.
SO true...many are not willing to share and I guess it would be the lack of places to hunt in Maryland or just they found if you share, that one shares, then everyone is hunting that location. One of the reasons I hunt the water now....to much hassle on the land.
Good Luck ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions