Garrett ACE 350 advice

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run sensitivity -2 levels in coin mode for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats usually exactly how I run mine, but a friend said I may be missing out on good targets by running in coin mode only.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your hunting coins I'd say not. That's 95% what I hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run mine in coins, mid sensitivity, then I also add discrimination to the notches after nickels, where gold rings would hit. This has helped me dig more trash, as walking over a gold ring hasn't happened ....yet.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I run in jewelry usually.That is when coin shooting too. Iron discrimination up to just below foil. Usually start sensitivity two or three notches below max. Coins ring up much like in coin mode. Gold can be from foil to cent depending on what it is shaped,fine chain or round with some in pull tab area. So junk needs dug not to miss it.Other interesting things turn up also...

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the site.
ModernParks-coin mode mostly.
A good site with some potential for older coins-custom notch below nickle on up.

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the tips. It's hard to get used to what people say "listen to what the machine is telling you".
It all sounds the same to me as of right now. I know it takes time and experience, but sometimes its gets a little aggravating digging nothing but pull tabs and can slaw on a two hour hunt. I will keep at it as I have found some good things in the past when I could've sworn it would have been junk instead, LOL.

Tuggerman

Jan 1, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coin mode or similar for trashy areas. If an old site you will want to run wide open and find the activity areas. You don't have to dig iron but u know it's there.

Tuggerman

Jan 1, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt lots of urban areas and emf drives me nuts. Have to run at less than half sensitivity some times to quiet things down.

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt lots of urban areas and emf drives me nuts. Have to run at less than half sensitivity some times to quiet things down.

I understand wanting to quite things down a bit. I was in an area recently where the singles nearly drove me nuts as soon as the coil hit the ground. Had to back off the sensitivity and go to coin mode vs. jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread