First experience

flipper

Feb 21, 2011
Middleport Pa
Recently purchased a Technetics Pro with DD coil. Went to the beach last week and tried my luck on the sand. Found lots, pull tabs, beer caps, foil, and my big find.... 2 quarters and a penny. Was very happy, I and still very wet behind the ears, and need to play around with the discrimination and sensitivity. I still have it on 0/0.
apyne3e9.jpg
nezusysa.jpg
yqupumez.jpg

Upvote 0

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my detectors is the Eurotek Pro & have recovered some great finds with it.

If you're going strictly for coins & don't want to be bothered with ferrous iron chatter, you can set your vol @ 10, sens @ 10, des @ 79. With these settings the only trash signal I get is for some old pop bottle caps @ 80-82, I don't mind this, for me they're few & far between & I've found gold items at those numbers before.

Look in your owners manual (pg. 21) and it will show you how to save these settings (or any other settings) so they will be on your machine when you turn it back on. Keep re-reading your owners manual, you'll learn more about your detector each time you do. Good luck!

Check out the posts under "Teknetics" detectors on this site. HH

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my detectors is the Eurotek Pro & have recovered some great finds with it. If you're going strictly for coins & don't want to be bothered with ferrous iron chatter, you can set your vol @ 10, sens @ 10, des @ 79. With these settings the only trash signal I get is for some old pop bottle caps @ 80-82, I don't mind this, for me they're few & far between & I've found gold items at those numbers before. Look in your owners manual (pg. 21) and it will show you how to save these settings (or any other settings) so they will be on your machine when you turn it back on. Keep re-reading your owners manual, you'll learn more about your detector each time you do. Good luck! Check out the posts under "Teknetics" detectors on this site. HH
Go to Brands, then Teknetics.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good luck and don't give up, there's a lot of awesome people on this site who will help you get better

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the beach, just discriminate out iron....that's it.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup keep your disk at 40 and no higher, wrap that coil wire a little tighter so it does not swing and cause falses.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the eurotek pro and I would suggest not changing the discrimination past 0

When you discriminate out the iron you have a chance at missing very nice targets that are very close to iron

For the first 2 weeks I had my detector I ran disc at 39. Then read a post here about running at 0.

It's amazing to dig a hole and find a coin laying underneath a huge iron nail.

I have even tested this in the field. Disc at 0 and get a very light high range hit that's repeatable. Turn the disc to 39. And the good hit disappears. Go back to 0. Rescan. Pinpoint and dig. Out popped an Indian head

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My reply was for beach hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread