calhoun
Detector(s) used
at pro
f70
Upvote 0

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
No, you expressed your idea just fine. Nobody else thinks its was a good idea, and trying to change your story only makes you look that much more guilty.

Guilty? What are you my judge ? I didin't know I was on trial. You can't get the simple idea that a door to door salesman is in a good position to detect a property. You can say I don't agree, but guilty? I'm done with this.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would not use a phone call to try to get permission unless I already had a relationship with the person. Always go in person.

+1

Dress nice. Never mention "splitting valuable finds" (this just gives people the idea that there is $$$$ hidden in their yard). Do mention leaving no mess and cleaning up whatever garbage you find like nails.

I have received permission through email but only because it was a second cousin who knew me and my parents.

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been trying to get up the nerve to ask permission to hunt this house for about 2 yrs now. A beautiful 1812 stone house about a block and a half from where I live. It's set among homes that were built in the 50's and 60's. Maybe some day soon...

ForumRunner_20141124_133530.png

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get excited just staring at that front lawn. You guys know what I mean?
Looks like a good spot. Those trees look like they have some age so chances are the yard wasn't touched since they started growing! :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to get up the nerve to ask permission to hunt this house for about 2 yrs now. A beautiful 1812 stone house about a block and a half from where I live. It's set among homes that were built in the 50's and 60's. Maybe some day soon...

View attachment 1083843

Practice by asking permission for the newer homes around it. You'll get more confident with practice and they will be able to see how clean and pretty you leave the other yards.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you expressed your idea just fine. Nobody else thinks its was a good idea, and trying to change your story only makes you look that much more guilty.
I don't think he ever changed his story...what are you talking about.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guilty?? I think insinuating someone is guilty of something for adding their opinion or ideas to a forum is a "bad idea". What did he say that was so wrong?? He said selling something door to door helps you meet people.... That's it.

Implying someone is stupid on here is a "bad idea" in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guilty?? I think insinuating someone is guilty of something for adding their opinion or ideas to a forum is a "bad idea". What did he say that was so wrong?? He said selling something door to door helps you meet people.... That's it.

Implying someone is stupid on here is a "bad idea" in my opinion.

What was so wrong? How about telling people to go buy a bible and pretend to be a bible salesman as a ruse to get access to metal detect a yard. That's pretty damn "wrong" to a lot of people.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was so wrong? How about telling people to go buy a bible and pretend to be a bible salesman as a ruse to get access to metal detect a yard. That's pretty damn "wrong" to a lot of people.

I agree he said to buy bibles and sell them door to door. When did he say pretend??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread