What Headphones are you wearing and would recommend!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The last HP I bought I didn't care for because the shape of the ear cup was too angular and dug into my neck below my ears. These were the Gray Ghosts Original.
The Minelab UR 30's are more comfortable but slide around some.
What do you guys and gals recommend and why?
Thanks

Upvote 0

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i USE Koss Titanium lightweight headphones. Excellent sound, not earcovering (if you want to be able to hear around you)
in line volume control, and about $15. Comes with 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch adapter.

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bose QC2/15/25..

I use these for everything including MDing, flights, and listening to music/videos. They are light, comfortable, and noise cancelling. They really are the best all around headset you can buy for about $300 IMHO.

If you are rough on your stuff, I don't recommend them. They are built well but the fact that they are light weight means they aren't bomb proof. They are durable as I've had my QC2's for almost 5 years. Never had a problem, but I do take care of my stuff and try to keep them like new.

You will need a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter for the larger input on the MD. Radio shack has them, or google them. About $3.

Bud

The last HP I bought I didn't care for because the shape of the ear cup was too angular and dug into my neck below my ears. These were the Gray Ghosts Original.
The Minelab UR 30's are more comfortable but slide around some.
What do you guys and gals recommend and why?
Thanks

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TDK WR 700 wireless. Best thing I ever did for my land machine. If you do choose to go wireless stay away from blue tooth due to the lag you will experience. From experience

Last edited:
OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
go wireless once you do you will never go back. rapoos

I'm wireless now with the WM-10 wireless module and it is awesome not to be tethered to the detector!

Anyone else? How about Earbuds? Anyone using them?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't say which ones I would recommend,But "beware' of Fisher headphones!I have owned 4 pair ,and only the first pair would get a good thumbs up from me.The last three pair I had would short out and the fourth pair I had for only a month,and they just straight up died the last time I was out?"Not reliable"I am gonna send that pair back,and I think I am just gonna go with a radio shack brand if I can find a pair that has a coiled wire.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm wireless now with the WM-10 wireless module and it is awesome not to be tethered to the detector!

Anyone else? How about Earbuds? Anyone using them?

I use Deus wireless backphones, as well as earbuds that attach to the "puck" that powers the headphones. Rustygold hit the nail on the head, wireless is the only way to fly! You know what they say "... once you go wireless, you won't go back..."

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Deus wireless backphones, as well as earbuds that attach to the "puck" that powers the headphones. Rustygold hit the nail on the head, wireless is the only way to fly! You know what they say "... once you go wireless, you won't go back..."
I heard they are nice,but man I looked at some and they are high dollar,which kind would you recommend that has a reasonable price?

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used several different headphones but I currently am using the White's ProStar. I love them, the are quality made with a lifetime warranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread