Best Finds of 03

Doug-Iowa

Mar 31, 2003
Ottumwa, Iowa USA
Here is mine.

This was a tough choice but this find made my day. It was found in the sand of a volleyball court. Sure do like finding gold. :D It is 13.65 grams of 14k gold. The dime is for size only.

Doug-Iowa
DJs Detectors

Attachments

• SAM_1140.JPG
    SAM_1140.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 41
  • SAM_1137.JPG
    SAM_1137.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 44
  • SAM_1136.JPG
    SAM_1136.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 40

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Any time I can get out with my father. That to me is better than any find. We just have a good time, no worries except who's going to come out on top for the day. My father is a wonderful man. In all the years we have been detecting (about 15) he has never kept on thing at the end of the day no matter what it is,at the end of the day he gives it to me I try to give it back he tells me I'll just end up with it any way. So I just tag it with a found by dad sticker or 2 x 2 and put it away for safe keeping. Now I ask you is that a patner or what. So that is my find of the year. if you are looking for a actual find how about a 1814 bust dime in vf. I have made many of finds this year that were worth more, but I just love those bust coins.

M

Mike Wayson

:lol: , put the detectors away? not in West Texas. Anyway I guess my best find this year so far was a 1909 SVDB. Also found was a 7th Calvary, Troop G Token (good for .05 in trade), but out here we do not find the coppers, or the large cents. But what we do find is alot of the military items from the 1870+, and silver is always silver.

Have a great day

Mike

bulltab

Jun 30, 2003
i had a purty good yr also,18k diamond ring at a const. site,1913s barber dime with full liberty,and an old(circa 1800-30) military button,MARK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions