Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a big fan of Bart. Shop around then call Bart. You'll be glad you did. He's a great guy to talk with and a great guy to deal with. He's got low overhead, and handles orders himself. Its a win. When Bart starts selling Tesoro, I will buy one from him. I'm considering an Excal before Spring. Bart will get that call too. Nobody can beat him. Nobody.

Bart didn't pay me a nickle for this endorsement.

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine new at a pawn shop, which is what all the White's dealers are around here. It's unfortunate because they really know very little about what they're selling and It's only a side business. They also don't carry much in the way of accessories and really only have the cheaper base units on hand. I had to drive 45 miles one way just to try a Spectra Series detector. I buy most everything online now. Not sure we can mention names, but they're not hard to find. You'll get better deals too.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had great expierience with kellyco several times.chris was very helpful on solving an issue for me.

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
I just purchased an AT Pro from Chris at Kellyco. He was awesome and took the time to talk to me about all my options. Was patient and understood that I was a person that used to detect, but has not in many years. I would strongly suggest you contact him and see what he can work out for you.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought my 705 from Kellyco and my latest CTX from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and both were excellent. Bart has been more than happy to answer any questions that I have had. I had also previously purchased a " Digger " coil for my 705 from BBH and a 5 star transaction again. You will have a no hassle, good buying experience buying from any of the sponsors here.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Steeler Fan! Your check is in the mail! LOL Kidding. Thank you for the compliment. I sell and then I serve. Always here to answer questions, offer advice and make sure to match the right person with the right machine and offer the lowest, most competitive pricing possible.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had great expierience with kellyco several times.chris was very helpful on solving an issue for me.

Thank you! Glad I could help!

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your best place to purchase, to where you'd recommend, and even where the worse place was if you feel like sharing that. I'm researching a couple places and would like to know everyones opinion on where they get not just their detector but all their gear

You can't go wrong with Bart @ Bigboyshobbies.net. IMO, try to avoid Kellyco if you can. Some people may sing their praises, but many others do not. They are more of a corporation than an independent dealer, and just like a lot of corporations, the customer is ranked lower than profit.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can't go wrong with Bart @ Bigboyshobbies.net. IMO, try to avoid Kellyco if you can. Some people may sing their praises, but many others do not. They are more of a corporation than an independent dealer, and just like a lot of corporations, the customer is ranked lower than profit.

Ouch...let's keep in mind Kellyco is actually family owned. We have less than 30 employees (if even 20) and work tirelessly to take care of our customers. I personally do everything I can to get the best price and give the best customer service possible. I answer my phone pretty much any time of day, respond to messages, e-mails and PM's as quickly as humanly possible. It's one thing to knock a company but let's try to remember that each individual employee represents him or herself as an independent agent and I do everything in my power to help the advancement of metal detecting. As a detectorist I want to get the right equipment to the right person and make sure that I'm available to assist them if need be. Kellyco also sponsors hundreds of groups, does tons of giveaways, supports the local community and just recently several of us volunteered our time to teach a Boy Scout group about geology, metals etc. We're also starting a massive campaign to assist sick children who cannot afford proper healthcare...those sort of things come out of Kellyco's pockets. It's not free to do. Just felt I needed to say that. I honestly can't see how anybody would say that the customer is less important than our profit margins when the most important thing to us is our customers. However, I digress, most important thing to me is the hobby and the representation of the hobby and the folks who love doing it. Thank you and Happy Hunting.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My first detector (an AT Pro) I bought from kellyco. It was shipped fast, new in the carton and had zero problems with it. It opened up a whole new hobby for me.
I have also purchased detectors from Bart at bigboyshobbies.com again with fast shipping and zero issues.
The guys at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors are very nice and helpful to members here on the forum and I would have no problems purchasing from them in the future.

All the above vendors, here on TNet, are standup guys when people need it. You can't go wrong with any of them.
Best of Luck!

Last edited:

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly can't see how anybody would say that the customer is less important than our profit margins when the most important thing to us is our customers.

I base my opinion on my own past experience with Kellyco. I appreciate your response, but I am confused that you say you "can't see how anybody would say that the customer is less important". Your vendor section on this forum has several complaints from people who are very dissatisfied with the level of service. You don't see these complaints about vendors such as BigBoysHobbies or Fort Bedford.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I base my opinion on my own past experience with Kellyco. I appreciate your response, but I am confused that you say you "can't see how anybody would say that the customer is less important". Your vendor section on this forum has several complaints from people who are very dissatisfied with the level of service. You don't see these complaints about vendors such as BigBoysHobbies or Fort Bedford.

I believe I was referring to the profit part of that. Not that it matters of course, but I am on this forum 5-6 days a week constantly searching to see if there ARE any issues that pop up. Often, we won't even hear about an issue until it's on here which is a bit confusing to me as we many times are not given the ability to rectify the situation before it gets out of hand. Oddly enough also, many times I'll contact the individual directly via PM but never get a response. I would assume if somebody was upset enough to post on a forum that they would jump on the chance to get things fixed when an employee takes the time to reach out to them directly. All I'm saying is that I do everything I can to take care of my customers. Unfortunately things can happen, we're human but with that we do everything we can, including checking forums, facebook posts, social media, twitter etc to make sure that our customers are satisfied. I feel like there was a time when things were not that great here and there were some issues with certain employees. Lucky for Kellyco, they're long gone and the staff we have now is very dedicated to being the best that we possibly can be.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like there was a time when things were not that great here and there were some issues with certain employees. Lucky for Kellyco, they're long gone and the staff we have now is very dedicated to being the best that we possibly can be.

That's good to hear, and I certainly hope there is some substance to that statement rather than being the standard PR response. It only takes one poor employee to tarnish the reputation of a company. Unfortunately, once a dog bites you, you aren't likely to try and pet the same dog.:laughing7:

I've seen you on here for the past several months, active in the forums, and for that I applaud you. There are few things worse than dealing with a company that doesn't keep the lines of communication open. Just remember that some users may not be familiar with the PM system, so responding in thread not only ensures that the user will see the response, but also conveys to the entire community that something is being done.

For example, the most recent thread in Kellyco's section (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kellyco-metal-detectors/448844-my-complaint-kellyco.html) has a few members that are not satisfied with the service, yet there is no official response from anyone. Maybe this was resolved privately, but in the eyes of the community, it is yet another issue that is being ignored.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any questions on Metal detecting purchases or accessories, I am available to help assist you.
I carry all top brands of Metal detectors.
I have been Detecting over 35 years , give me a call
thanks

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past I have bought from both Bart@bighobbies and Kellyco and the transactions have been seamless.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's good to hear, and I certainly hope there is some substance to that statement rather than being the standard PR response. It only takes one poor employee to tarnish the reputation of a company. Unfortunately, once a dog bites you, you aren't likely to try and pet the same dog.:laughing7:

I've seen you on here for the past several months, active in the forums, and for that I applaud you. There are few things worse than dealing with a company that doesn't keep the lines of communication open. Just remember that some users may not be familiar with the PM system, so responding in thread not only ensures that the user will see the response, but also conveys to the entire community that something is being done.

For example, the most recent thread in Kellyco's section (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kellyco-metal-detectors/448844-my-complaint-kellyco.html) has a few members that are not satisfied with the service, yet there is no official response from anyone. Maybe this was resolved privately, but in the eyes of the community, it is yet another issue that is being ignored.

Thank you for that! It probably was handled internally and normally I do say something along the lines of saying "sending you a pm," but it does concern me that more often than not I hear nothing back. :/

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its snowing and I am shoveling the walkway open for business . I am like the mailman; I keep working ha ha .
I understand the weather is not great , gut the winter time is the best time to get good deals on Detectors and accessories.
call me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread