Buffalo Nickles

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I found two buffalo nickels, a mercury dime and a silver quarter today. Found them while going through my accumulated clad. These are the first buffalos I have found. Happy to discover them. They were beach finds and were covered in a crust of sand. If your like me and don't always clean up your finds, go through them and clean up the bad ones. You never know what you might find.

Upvote 0

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I am :thumbsup: by the silvers, here in Wisconsin they look like they just came out of the pocket in most cases, must be our ground as silvers stick out like a sore thumb

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I've never found either at saltwater beach. A wheatie is my oldest coin found in salt. Found my first merc at a freshwater beach however.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Nice I am :thumbsup: by the silvers, here in Wisconsin they look like they just came out of the pocket in most cases, must be our ground as silvers stick out like a sore thumb

The silvers were found in dirt and I didn't clean them off. I found a 1963 quarter in a most unexpected place a couple of weeks ago. I asked my wife for some change. She reached in her pocket book and held out some change and there it was, laying on top. It stood out.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the finds! I love finding Buffalo nickels in any environment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread