CTX 3030 users

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
CTX 30/30,Whites v3i, Garrett pinpointer, garrett pinpointer AT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the new CTX. Although I am not in your area I can recommend Gary Drayton's book, The CTX 3030 - Beach and Water Hunter's Guide. It will get you off to a good start.
Best of Luck!
Rusty

OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the recommendation Rusty I will pick it up off Amazon right now and give it a read. I have read Andy Sabisch's book on the Explorer & etrac and it is a great read really looking forward to the one he is working on for the CTX I'm sure it will be just as good! Thanks again.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not to far north of you.. But still learning it myself.. Although I am finding it really easy to pick up.. love the battery life and wireless module!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There is this club in Sacramento:

SVDB Sac.Valley Detecting Buffs

And I know of a few guys successfully using the 3030 in that area, for relics/coins. Watch some of the California relic adventure videos on youtube, for instance. If you caught any of those guys at the meeting, they're going to be good brains to pick on tips to use it. But, like any club meeting, you'd need to attend several meetings. Because some people might not make it to every single meeting. But invariably, once you attend long enough, you'll meet those in that area using that particular machine. And eventually, you'll deduce who's a hot-shot at it, versus sand-box caliber hunters. Also: A lot of Sac. area hunters are strictly nuggets. And since the 3030 is not a nugget machine, .... and is a fairly recent machine ..... it's not like a lot of guys necessarily have that exact machine in that area.

OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info I have been meaning to make it to a couple of the meetings I will make it a priority.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread