SpartanKen

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, you just won the Super Bowl, what are you going to do? OK, so I did not win the super bowl and I'm not getting a check cut to me by Disney... but I am going to Disney World in September. So heres my question, has anyone here detected Disney? Do you think they would be ok with it? I know they wouldn't be happy with my turning over the soil of their resorts... but say the beaches on the resorts?

If you have any experience with a detecting the swamps/beaches of the house of mouse, let me know.

Ken

Upvote 0

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disney doesn't own the ocean, up to high tide level anyway. Other than that I wouldn't know.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stayed at the Disney resort at Vero Beach FL and had no problem hunting the beach in front of the resort or anywhere else along the coast. Just stay off the dunes and out of the water where there are salvage claims. You would have to get permission from them to detect the resort itself. If I were staying there, I'd ask the on-site manager. On a side note......that had to be one of the cleanest beaches I've ever hunted. I walked miles and got very few targets of any kind. Did find a gold Mickey Mouse necklace and pendant on the beach in front of the resort however.

OP
OP
SpartanKen

SpartanKen

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge (Disney World). So the "beaches" will be small, unlike the ones along the coasts of Florida.

I searched for a managers email for the resort to inquire, but have been coming up empty. I don't want to call the normal info line, I know I'll get a person on the other end that will be lost and have no answer real for me. understandably...

Anyone ever carry on their detector on an airplane?

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are considering detecting Disneyland Park in Anahiem or Disneyworld in Orlando, the Pentagon would be a far easier experience if you consider the levels of security that you would be dealing with.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call the hotel Concierge or front desk. If they don't have the answer, they will get it and get back to you. Trust me... You're not the first to think of this.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to detect anything or anywhere along the Wilderness Lodge beach, playground, etc..the LAST thing you want to do is ask. Bring your detector, and a pinpointer, and leave your diggy tool behind. When a ranger-type asks you whats up, say you lost your keys or a ring or something, without a diggy tool in your hand, you will be OK.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would leave the detector at home on this trip.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the odds of you detecting inside the Mouse's Kingdom, are less than slim to none:laughing7:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the land, that is not in use by guests is swamp. As someone said I doubt they are going to let you detect it, but worth asking the question.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I always wanted to do a tour of the underground tunnels and secret passage ways in Disney. I think thats where the holding cell is. Let us know whats it like down there.

sent from a sending device.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did that tour... Neat, but no holding cells.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually did this several years ago. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort which has several small beach areas around the pond, some with playgrounds. In the 4 days we were there, I was only able to cover 2 1/2 of those beaches. I went early in the morning and late in the evening, before the parks opened and after they closed. They obviously hadn't been hunted before. I found over $40 in change, none old, a couple of silver rings, about a dozen rolled coins, room safe keys (which I returned) and even a couple of screwdrivers (which I also returned). Several employees saw me and no one ever said a word. Keep in mind, I was just in the sand, so my holes were all covered. There were fewer coins in the one that didn't have play equipment, just chairs.

Scott

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge (Disney World). So the "beaches" will be small, unlike the ones along the coasts of Florida.

I searched for a managers email for the resort to inquire, but have been coming up empty. I don't want to call the normal info line, I know I'll get a person on the other end that will be lost and have no answer real for me. understandably...

Anyone ever carry on their detector on an airplane?
If you're already booked into the place, I'd bring the detector with me, but, not use it until I asked the onsite manager. I wouldn't call corporate Disney and ask. Ask while you're there at the resort. You'll have a much better chance getting a yes.

Muddy Boots

Greenie
Dec 19, 2014
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many years ago I worked security for Disney in Florida. I can tell you from experience that Detecting anywhere on Disney property is verboten! (not allowed) HOWEVER! I can tell you from experience if you ask the individual managers on duty of whatever resort you are staying at they may or may not let you.
Some Advice: Disney campgrounds are almost always a yes. Just use proper MD etiquette and you will be fine. Major Disney resorts will almost always be a polite NO.
If your in a group or club, you may be able to get them to allow you to hunt the undeveloped areas of Disney. Just speak with the upper management of the park
DONT EVER CALL DISNEY CORPORATE! They will shoot you down just to pee on the flames!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Muddy-boots, if it's such an all-fired big offense "no", then curious what happened to srcdco in #13, when he hunted at one of their resorts ? Why didn't they come rushing out to shoo him away ?

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I hate Disney and that big rat they call mickey. Does that make me a bad person or just Goofy?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate Disney and that big rat they call mickey. Does that make me a bad person or just Goofy?
No, it means your Daffy.....:laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why you hate Disney......you're a Looney Toon! :tongue3: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread