Switch from AT Pro to E trac going smooth

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got in about 2 hours yesterday, at an old home site, I knew targets would be scarce, but dug a few. Went back for an hour today, then decided I need more targets, to really get to know this machine, so it was off to the beach.Just what I needed, pull tabs, bottle caps, clad, a little of everything. Got in 4 hours of easy digging/scooping lots of different targets. I will say I picked up a $25 Detector Pro Harness, and used it for 4-5 hour hunt today.............very simple, and cheap enough, not sure I had that long of a hunt in me without it, very pleased!! So after 6-8 hours in the field, reading Andy's book a couple times, and messing with it for 2 months, over the Winter, no regrets at all,on the purchase, and the learning curve is way less than I was led to belive

Upvote 0

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are getting it. I don't know why a lot of folks say it is hard to learn.. I think it was about the easiest machine to learn out there, As well as the CTX..

HH :)

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are liking the Etrac. The ctx control is actually easier to navigate around through than the Etrac.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you are liking the Etrac. The ctx control is actually easier to navigate around through than the Etrac.

To be honest Fletch, I had my mind made up a year ago, to get the ctx, and in my heart thats what I was getting,but.........................I just couldnt talk my hand into writting the check!! Maybe the Etrac will be my backup machine someday!! lol Really liking it though.

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
out of curiosity, what made you switch?

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
out of curiosity, what made you switch?

Loved the ATP, and would get another one in a minute. Just wanted something more versatile, and challenging, never did the water hunting, more homesites, old fairgrounds, and parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread