First time out

Superbad7

Dec 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after a couple months kicking around the idea of metal detecting, I finally made the decision to order one. Got the etrac and spent about 3 hours with it today on two differnt areas. Setting are the coin mode and coin disc, then do a noise cancel before I started. Just started digging most good solid hitting sounds. image.jpg

Pulled quite a bit of can slaw and tabs, But it was fun just recovering stuff that was hitting. Towards the end of the day I kept trying to end on a good dig, and stopped after I popped the war nickle out. 43 S. The ring I belive is fake, since the band is copper. I'll take it to someone who can look just to make sure. I think my next time out I will try to remeber what the numbers are hitting before I dig to relize what it actually is.

Also thanks to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies for suppling the equipment!

Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I will guarantee(or your money back) it won't be the last.:laughing7: You haven't seen the tip of the iceberg yet dude.

GOD Bless

Chris

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I second flgliderpilot's assessment. Congrats on the find. Most of us are in it for the excitement of the find... and I've discovered a ring is a ring! It's just as exciting pulling a junk one as it is a real one... until you find out.. Then it changes, but at first... LOVE IT!

Skippy

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you did great for your first time out Superbad7! Keep at it, be patient and it will only get better from here. HH:thumbsup:

kromar3336

Mar 15, 2015
Pgh Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on you finds. Let you be forewarned, this hobby is highly addictive ! Enjoy and welcome.

OP
OP
S

Superbad7

Dec 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Round 4 this week was about 2.5hrs and got a barber half, but damaged it digging. Since the reverse side is scratched is it pretty much worth melt value? Also popped what looks like a button of some sort. Thanks again!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good grief. I'm so jealous. I have to buy my silver on eBay with my clad. I'd take one spade damaged out of the ground, any day! Just not enough History around here to find them without hitting mining camps!

OP
OP
S

Superbad7

Dec 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed something where I found this. It was by some small trees but I could see the area where the old trees used to be.

GVJeeper

Jun 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a problem Houston!!! That capsule is a Geocache - I know as I'm a geocacher. Can you re-hide it where you found it or better yet, can you tell me if is has a GC----- number so we can track down the owner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread