StephenD

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2015
Redwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 with Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone from the northeast Texas area or anyone with knowledge of or some type of software to help me find somewhere, say within 100 miles of Texarkana, TX (to include Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklamoma) where I might find something older than 1975 in coinage or something other than bottle caps, pull tabs and lawn mower chewed aluminum cans?

How do I find places to go dirt fishing? I'm planning on going to the city parks and the beach but what about all these old maps I keep seeing people talk about?

Upvote 0

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant remember but metal detecting in one north east tx town is illegal. Cant remember what town . Your on the right track. try here, type in a town or address. You can change years. Cool site

Viewer

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you spend some time searching your town and your neighboring towns history online, youll find a lot of places to detect. I find most of my sites searching my county and "history" online. Have spent many hours doing research. Another thing to do is talk to the old folks. They know where things used to be. But, be prepared to spend a while chatting as old folks like to talk, lol. Im in East Texas. One of the sites I found is where a schoolhouse was around 1900 less than 1/4 mile from my house. Found my first silver coin, my first 1800's coin and in the last two years in this one little 1/2 acre lot have found barber dime, barber half, standing liberty quarter, multiple mercury dimes and silver rosies, and a lot more. Ive also had a lot of luck just driving around town, seeing a house that looks old, and walking up to the door and asking for permission. Have done this probably 20 times and got permission at all but three of those.

OP
OP
S

StephenD

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2015
Redwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can read the "rules and regulations" of Texarkana, TEXAS concerning the use of metal detectors in ALL city parks here.

Note: Section B Rule 23: "Restricted-use facilities" that would be all the ball fields. You are not allowed inside the fenced area of the fields as they are "managed". Everywhere else is fair game.

http://www.ci.texarkana.tx.us/DocumentCenter/View/1939

Also, the park was officially established in 1924 but the famous explorer, Hernando De Soto, drank from the natural spring that created the lake, in 1541 and one of his men in his exploration party was alleged to have been hung in the park for some offence.

There have been many features build in the park that are no longer there and if you are from the area, you may know where these features were located (such as the zoo, which I'm going to detect this coming weekend). You can read more about Spring Lake Park here...
http://www.trapsmedia.org/LoneStarLegacyParks/lonestarweb.pdf

OP
OP
S

StephenD

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2015
Redwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been checking this thread almost daily and it would appear that there aren't many folks in the metal detecting game that live in my area. Was hoping I would find some people to hook up with and maybe form some type of club.
If you are from the Texarkana area and would be interested, leave contact info here.
Thanks,
StephenD

jjhunt

Dec 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been checking this thread almost daily and it would appear that there aren't many folks in the metal detecting game that live in my area. Was hoping I would find some people to hook up with and maybe form some type of club.
If you are from the Texarkana area and would be interested, leave contact info here.
Thanks,
StephenD

Hi I'm jesse I am new to metal detecting around texarkana area as well fairly new to detecting period but I would be willing to join a group and get together metal detecting the area you can contact me through this site or email me at [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions