lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what's my next step

I have hunted my backyard with Fisher f5, f75ltd, and a minelab safari. All had 11" coils although the Minelab is more round and multiple frequencies. I have dug all the things I think are good targets. Don't misunderstand me there is still alot that sounds off I just think it's junk. Some areas with alot of tones.
Now should I put my Fisher 5" on or try either the Nell Tonarado, Storm or Hunter I have? I realize the targets I think are bad could be masking something. That's what I considering the smaller coil. Or should I go with one of the others to see if those targets sure up or possibly even get deeper targets not yet discovered.
I also realize that the 75 should be more then capable of 8" coins no problem and even 10" with good success rate. I'm not into digging 12" targets anyway. Not until I get really comfortable with this detector

Any advice?

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did and one thing I am pretty sure about is that that old man was a Md'r as he has a half acre and I only found 2 newer pennies

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may not like my advice... but I would choose the detector that you prefer, after the experience you've already had... equip it with the coil you're most likely to hunt elsewhere with... and then dig every single target in your back yard. You will learn the nuances of your detector this way. You will discover the some of your targets are being masked or suppressed by others.

I can guarantee you three things.

1) Some of the things you thought were junk, were not junk.

2) You will find a few nice things that you couldn't hear until you dug the junk.

3) You will begin to understand the subtle language of your detector.

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without doing a bunch of research and/or cold calls, you can hunt some public places. Parks, shores, schools (unless local ordinances prohibit). Then you'll have to start chasing permissions. That's the fun stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions