Choosing a pinpointer?

GoneDiggin_?

Aug 6, 2015
WPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 months into this new hobby and I am finding it very enjoyable. Slowly adding to my gear. I tried to purchase an X-pointer but I got a response that the order was not processed due to the item having too many relibilty issues. Any suggestions for a pinpointer at a resonable price and easy to use? Momma's a diggin :)

Upvote 0

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking for depth out of a pinpointer NOTHING will beat the Pistol Probe......It is pulse induction and runs on 2 9v batteries. Dialable threshold sensitivity, frequencies. Crank up the threshold (ground balance) and you will get depths equal to a lot of low end detectors.

I agree! If it only had a speaker I could hear in ambient outside elements, I'd use the Pistol solo. Side detection and depth like crazy, plus adjustable. My pistol is like a whisper in tone though.

I must be honest I never bothered to read a review or take a second look at the pistol probe. I figured it was along the lines of the BH probes which IMO are less than mediocre. A quick Google search on it and it appears I need to check my prejudice before I place an opinion in my head. :thumbsup:

bake1944

Sep 1, 2015
Castile, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro-Pointer
RadioShack Discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett AT Pro-pointer

I've been using the Garrett Pro-Pointer for 2 years now, been working great. Many in my local treasure club use the same model. Garrett now has a newer model called the Pro-Pointer AT, nicknamed the Carrot because it is all orange. It's advertised as waterproof to 10 feet.
Just received mine and I think its great. Everywhere the price is 127.50 Go for it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread