Coolest finds using Garrett Ace 350..

Oct 22, 2015
MD
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, i'm new and pretty stoked about this hobby i've be meaning to get into since I was little. So I bought the Garrett ACE 350/ Garrett Pro Pin Pointer and just waiting for some free time to pop up to go hunting. Can anyone share with me some of the cool things you've unearthed using the ACE 350? I've only gone out a few times so far and dug up some clad and odd ball things. Just curious what you folks have found. Thanks. and hey this site is pretty cool and you guys are very informative.

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to my profile and look at my 2 albums. most of the 2014 finds were detected with a mid level detector like yours (I used a Fisher F4). I detected mainly public lands last year with a few permissions. This year I am swinging the F75 LTD SE. Most of my finds could have been detected with the Ace 350. This year I have hunted more permissions and less public lands, thus my good finds increased enormously.

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20151012_133102.jpg 20151012_133108.jpg 20151021_215014.jpg 20151021_215030.jpg

Here are just a few coins I found by a lake shore in Oklahoma last week with my ACE 350

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 350 that I bought this July. You should check out my photo gallery and see all the cool things I found sense July 29. You'll be amazed at how good the 350 is

This month I finally figured it all out. I found several silver dimes over a dozen wheat pennies Civil War relics pretty much everything you can want except for jewelry

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/97209-albums4382.html

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ace 350.

A seated dime is one remembered find. No pic. convenient...
A chisel on an old homestead with pecked boulders from a chisel another favorite.
Lots of pics but won't get too crazy here...

View attachment 1228404

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go to a members profile and look at "latest posed threads" you can see all of their posts.

Here is a pic of a hand full of coins that I found on a trip to "Filthydelphia" in June.

Best of luck to you!

Attachments

• IMG_20150609_183016_757-2.jpg
    IMG_20150609_183016_757-2.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 99

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll be told the Ace 350 is a toy... by people with detectors costing 4x as much, with no target display, and inability to discriminate a pop top from a quarter ;)

It's a nice detector and it WILL find stuff and you can easily ID pop tops by swinging just the front tip of the coil over the target (it go to an iron sound).

I pulled about $50 in clad before upgrading to an AT Pro (so I could water hunt and hunt in the rain).

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey flgliderpilot. Now that you've been doing the ATPro for a while, (I remember when you first started with the ACE350), have you found much with it in the water? I'm considering getting the ATPro next year as an upgrade, simply because I REALLY want to hit a few lakes around here... I waterproofed my current one with a wetbox, at one point last summer, but it was SUCH a bear to swing in the water (buoyant). Does the ATPro sit under, or do you need to weigh it down any?

Skippy

Hey Skippy, YES. I use it twice a week in the water if I can, and I have some rings and some junk jewelry. It works in salt water in the right conditions, but it will work REALLY well in fresh water. The AT Pro is almost neutral in the water, it will just barely float. I found the waterproof headphones to be terrible on the AT Pro, because the AT Pro makes so many different tones at different levels that the waterproof headphones could not reproduce. It ends up sounding like only two tones and the volume levels are hard to recognize. I took my land headphones and removed the volume control (bypassing them internally) and then sealed the holes with silicone, and covered the speaker vents with packing tape (three layers to reduce the volume to a comfortable lever). They are not really submersible but they are water resistant and have given me no problems at all, and they sound sooo much better than the water headphones.

I do mis the weight of the 350 though.. the AT Pro is quite a bit heavier.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like Loco digger suggested, click on my profile as well... all of my 2014 finds in my album were with the 350

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread