Need clarification between Garrett AT Pro and AT Gold

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about to buy an AT Pro or AT Gold. I have used a Garrett ACE 350 for the last year and want to move up with the same brand so the learning curve will be easier. I hunt mostly for coins but don't mind finding cool relics and gold either! lol I am doing my metal detecting in Northeastern Oklahoma so saltwater is not an issue. What I need clarified is whether the AT Gold is just as good at finding silver coins as the AT Pro and if really the only difference is that the AT Gold can find smaller gold due to the higher frequency. lol I only have the mullah to buy one so I don't mind getting the AT Gold if it is as good as the Pro at finding silver. Thank you all for any information that you can provide!!!!:icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to search for nuggets, get the Gold, otherwise, I'd get the Pro. It has a bigger stock search coil also. That can always be changed however. There's not a whole lot of difference in the operating frequency, so, depth should be close. The Pro might have a slight edge there, being lower.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, the AT Gold will find silver as well as the AT Pro. It's more sensitive to brass and gold due to it's higher frequency. The Diggers guys use the gold now because it goes a little deeper than the Pro when relic hunting in true All Metal Mode. It won't work well in salt, but if that isn't a concern, the AT Gold is a deeper detector for your desired targets .

Give me a call if I can help you in your decision.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

Metal Detector Sales Rental | Treasure Hunting | Metal Detecting Stuff

OP
OP
U

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the information about the AT gold, that really helps with deciding to go with the AT gold. I have looked at several threads but they would just cover what the main differences were between the two but i just needeed to know that the AT Gold does just as well as the Pro with silver. Thanks again to the both of you for your responses!

MasonRoberson

Aug 23, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Garret products! Love them!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro I like a little better than the Gold for some reason I just like the pro better? lol but it does depend really on what your main wants are with the detector like metal detecting stuff said the get the pro if you are near salt water or any other thing, but I dont believe the gold goes much deeper than the pro? I dont know to much about it but from what I heard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread