WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS FINDS (My career best)

Woodshunter80

Greenie
Oct 28, 2013
Western Mass. (Berkshires)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, T-netters! Though I've been an on-and-off lurker here over the past couple of years, I hadn't until now considered posting my finds. This, I think, is mostly due to the fact that I have been nowhere near as prolific, successful, or consistent as many of the people on this forum.

Anyway, I thought I would share some of the more interesting coins, relics, etc. that I have 'rescued' from the ground over the relatively short two and a half year period that I have been detecting. It's been a very rewarding hobby that has not only got me active and outdoors, but gives too a tangible connection to the history of my beloved New England. And for doing most of my detecting in HEAVILY hunted Berkshire County, and with an 'entry-level' detector (Minelab 350), I think I've done pretty good for myself. 8-)

Thanks for looking.
IMG_5813yyyyy.jpg IMG_580366.jpg
IMG_5800.JPG IMG_5794.JPG IMG_5797.JPG IMG_5689.JPG IMG_5691.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Woodshunter80

Greenie
Oct 28, 2013
Western Mass. (Berkshires)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those pipes are so Cool! I love the neat old keys, too! Those must be fun to find. And 1721 on a (is that a 2) real... that's amazing. Bet THAT was a fun day!

Curious though, where'd you find the arrowhead? Was it in a hole, or just while you were out swinging?

Thanks. ...If I were capable of doing backflips, I would have done so when I found that 2 Real! Instead it was just a lot of hooting and hollering haha! ...That's a REALLY early coin for my neck of the woods, especially considering that the town it was found in wasn't settled until the 1750s.

And the arrowheads were both found while detecting in a cornfield. ...Those finds also led to a lot of happy shouting on my part!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Iron Patch. I don't know much about coin varieties. The three CT coppers seem to be pretty distinct types.

You should take some good clear close up pictures of the Nova and any CT or VT coppers you have and post them on the coins forum for ID. What you don't realize is how much the variety matters and how much the rarest coins go for... even dug. Chances are there will not be anything too rare, but this is metal detecting so you don't know until you know.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab 350?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW... you got really good stuff. Your coins are just plain killer, as are your relics.

You need to post that stuff, so that the rest of us get jealous!

Well done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread