Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning all,
Spent last year with a Teknetics Gamma. Love the machine but in congested and developed areas it can get a little chatty. It's found me a host of relics and coins last year and I'm hoping for yet another good year. Id like to get a second unit, one that will be an upgrade to the gamma with better audio tones for identification. Budget is 5-700 or so. I've had a lot of people recommend the ATPRO. My hunting style is varied between parks, farms, woods, home sites and at least 2 beach trips a year. Mostly central va hunts in red clay. I hunt relics coins jewelry depending on the site/'s I have access to. I like the idea of a waterproof detector as I have access to a few streams and rivers and again the beach trips. I'm sure I'll get varied opinions but has anyone upgraded from a gamma? What did you go with and what we're your experiences? Or has anyone used a gamma that can help identify some different features an upgrade may provide. Thanks

Upvote 0

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I upgraded from the Gamma to the AT Pro. The Pro has better audio in my opinion. The different tones on the Gamma are very limited. The Pro has enough tones that the machine kinda talks to you, not sure how to explain that but you just have to learn to listen. My Gamma has the DD coil on it so the depth of detection was about the same. Neither have a back lit screen. On the Gamma you cant save any settings on power off but on the Pro your custom settings are saved until you change them or do a reset. I have found that with the Pro I dont dig near as many bottle tops they have a unique sound once you learn it. Now Pull Tabs. That red Budweiser pull tub with the crown cut out sounds so sweet on the Pro that I dig them each and every time I encounter one.:BangHead: But everyone digs them now and then. As you know the Gamma will hit every coin you pass over. The AT Pro is the same in that area. The Pro is heavier than the Gamma. So what I am trying to say is if your looking for better audio, iron disc, iron audio, power button not close to pinpoint button, water proof in shallow water, ability to save custom settings then the Pro is a upgrade. That is why I purchased the AT Pro. If your looking for more depth the Pro would be a lateral move for you. That's just my opinion and you know what people say about opinions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread