2015 WRAP UP * GARY FROM SW OREGON *

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are the highlights for 2015 in SW Oregon. I bought 5 new detectors in the last 2 years. Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F75 SE DST, MineLab Etrac, Fisher F44 (I bought all of these detectors brand new). I bought many coils for each unit to find the best detector for me and the way I hunt. I sold the Ace 350 and the AT Pro. I also have 2 old Bounty Hunters from the late 70's when I started digging (the good old days when silver coins were everywhere). This is my better finds from 2015. The town I live in really started to get going in approx 1850, so we don't find the really old stuff here. I mean anyone could find a large cent as big as they are :)

2015 1.jpg 2015 2.jpg 2015 3.jpg 2015 4.jpg 2015 5.jpg 2015 6.jpg 2015 7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry the pics are messed up. They looked perfect on my computer when I loaded them in ? This is the first time this has happened to me when posting?

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your very close... within 100+ miles :)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs, I see that we pull similar items. If you don't mind how much clad did you end up digging, how many silver coins did you dig and what bis the quantity of old non silver coins (excluding wheats)?

I am thinking of selling my back-up/loaner detector, there is no reason for me to have 2 VLF detectors. I am playing with the idea of buying a used minelab explorer so I can have multiple technologies in my arsenal. I would also like to have a chance to hunt with someone who swings a CTX 3030 to see how it compares my F75 LTD SE.

Last season I dug $511 in face value my inaugural season hunting mostly public lands and only dug 22 silvers. I found 2 virgin public places that gave up about $400 in clad total and a few keeprs. This year I dug less clad, only about $360 in coin face value, but I did dig way more keepers. 57 silvers, 29 IHPs, 10 other old US coins, and 6 foreign coins. I also dug 2 gold items in 2015, a small engraved pocket watch and a ring that was attacked by a lawn mower. I do need to have better discipline when hunting and dig more mid tones.

GL & HH in 2016

Kevin

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skippy lol I find lots of toys. I hunt a lot of private houses...

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs, I see that we pull similar items. If you don't mind how much clad did you end up digging, how many silver coins did you dig and what bis the quantity of old non silver coins (excluding wheats)?

I am thinking of selling my back-up/loaner detector, there is no reason for me to have 2 VLF detectors. I am playing with the idea of buying a used minelab explorer so I can have multiple technologies in my arsenal. I would also like to have a chance to hunt with someone who swings a CTX 3030 to see how it compares my F75 LTD SE.

Last season I dug $511 in face value my inaugural season hunting mostly public lands and only dug 22 silvers. I found 2 virgin public places that gave up about $400 in clad total and a few keeprs. This year I dug less clad, only about $360 in coin face value, but I did dig way more keepers. 57 silvers, 29 IHPs, 10 other old US coins, and 6 foreign coins. I also dug 2 gold items in 2015, a small engraved pocket watch and a ring that was attacked by a lawn mower. I do need to have better discipline when hunting and dig more mid tones.

GL & HH in 2016

Kevin

Hey Loco ...
I do not really keep track of clad at all. I really hunt old stuff only. Back in the late 70's. My friend and I pulled over 100 silver dimes off of one site. It was like the norm back then. I have had sites in 2014 have over 250 clad coins and not 1 one old coin (Crazy) As for clad I really don't keep count. In 2014 I pulled like 1500 to 1600 clad coins, I did not add it up and still have them all. In 2015 I pulled approx half that amount. I am trying to maximize my detecting time with the best detectors and digging tools. My 2015 finds were the best ever. Please look closely at the pics I posted. If you ever go FBS you will never go back :) The Explorer SE is approx $650.00 for a nice used one. Etrac is approx $1250.00 delivered new. If you can save up for a nice Etrac and you will not believe the outcome. If you ever get to Oregon, look me up and we will go detecting. If I ever get you way I will look you up :)
Thanks Gary from Oregon... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread