Detector ID problem

K

Kentucky Kache

I have a White's Classic ID which is normally right on the money when it comes to target identification. My question is, what would make the detector suddenly start missidentifying targets? I haven't had a chance to change the batts yet, and I'm hoping that's all that's wrong, though I've never noticed this happening before, and it never happened with my DFX.

Upvote 0

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of things come to mind. First if you have a coil cover be sure to clean it out. Second an area with mineralization may be the reason. Or as the unit is older it may need a tune up from the maker. Loose or dirty battery connections are possible. Check the coil wire both ends.

Ed D.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed said it best...........

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Okay, I changed the batteries and now I'm back in business.
I guess I hadn't had to change the Alkaline pack before. I had used a rechargeable pack from my dfx, and it didn't seem to have the same effect when it got low. Back on track. Thanks guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread