DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...Im lookin for a good brand of headphones for my minelab x-terra 50. The ones I have now are just not cuttin it..they are like supped up CD headphones that fold and are for metal detecting, but they dont fit worth crap and fall off my head.

Upvote 0

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Sun Ray, Killer Bees, Detector Pro, Timberwolf. All high end and all very good

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
The absolute best headphones I have ever used are the Ratphones I got awhile back. Grey Ghost, Killer B's also have great reputations.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobby, the ones mentioned are all very good. I use the Grey Ghost myself on the land machines. You are lucky if you can find a dealer where you can try on the various types and brands to find the ones that you like.

Good Luck,
Sandman

WormtownHunter

Jun 14, 2006
Worcester, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro
Ok. You guys may want to laugh at me for this, but the best pair of phones that I have used, is my pair of Garrett Standard Headphones. I like that they are light on the head on a hot day, have very good audio, and are not wallet breaking in price.

I may use a Fisher, but to be honest, Fisher's own headphones are far from being ideal for their units. Just my two cents.

HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a hot day the small phones are a pleasure to use too. It's important to be able to try on various phones. Some of the phones at big box stores work fine for some people. Wal-Mart will never see me inside their stores however.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about Koss KW Pro headphones?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pair of DetectorPro Black Widows and also one of their Rattler single-ear phones. Both are excellent. Treat yourself and get a headphone designed for detecting, not music. The music ones are either designed for use in the home and won't hold up to dirt and hard use or built to be light for running/walking.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
WormtownHunter said:
Ok. You guys may want to laugh at me for this, but the best pair of phones that I have used, is my pair of Garrett Standard Headphones. I like that they are light on the head on a hot day, have very good audio, and are not wallet breaking in price.

I may use a Fisher, but to be honest, Fisher's own headphones are far from being ideal for their units. Just my two cents.

HH

I won a pair of Garrett's high end headphones recently (they retail for $30), and they are awesome! They work very well, have a short bungee cord so they don't get it the way, and sound great!
I would recommend them to anyone, especially for the price tag!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread