W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I see everyone finding things by The Lighthouse. Is there any special rules to detect?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lighthouse is in a state park. Generally, metal detecting is allowed on the beach between the high water mark and the toe of the dune. There are exceptions to this general rule.

The use of metal detectors is prohibited on all state park lands, except for coastal parks in the beach zone between the high water mark and toe of the dune. However, park managers have the authority at coastal state parks to further restrict the use of metal detectors and prohibit their use on the beach. Basically, it's up to the park manager on duty. I only detect one state park with a beach and I know the manager so I couldn't tell you about Bill Baggs park. That being said, there are a couple guys on youtube posting videos at Bill Baggs, maybe that is what you are referring too when you mentioned the lighthouse?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Went down there and asked. Bill Bags is very detectorist friendly. Thank you for the response :) Was taking my daughter there anyways so didnt hurt to drag the detector along. Had a horrible scare as well. 5 minutes in the water and the tube started to leaked. Im sure everyone thought the rapture had arrived as Im pretty sure I walked on water. Got home and silicon sealed the crap out of it. Happy to report no damage. Although the Disc pot is still goobered up. Have to fidget with it for it to maintain a good hum.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Where was the leak? Glad you got it sealed up.

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
On the end cap with the coil and battery wires. No cracks. Odd

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Yeah. Scared the crud out of me. Was just able to rebuold the pot on it as well. Tested good so good weekend for electronics I guess. Lol

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill Baggs is fine in the water and dry sand, just pickup all trash and fill your holes even on the wet and dry. Right now Bill Baggs is pretty sanded in : (. All beaches in Miami are fair game just do not go up near the dune and watch out for sea turtle nests and natural ecosystem cordoned areas !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread