Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
s-l1600.jpg 949ab11b-663b-4078-bb9e-d3f6fd677533_1000.jpg I think it might be a Bounty Hunter it is at home depot now for $49.95.. It is called a quick shooter.. I watched a video on you tube for it and it seems to be as good as any $200.00 detector and they are on ebay for $99.00 b4654146-375f-4cec-bf91-56d36ee33ccf_1000.jpg But then i do not know about the warranty on it.But what i under stand it is sold for $150.00 at most places..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, to each their own.
I like the pinpoint function, especially essential for a beginner. Even for a pro, can make the difference between digging a plug and a big old hole ,, Also very tough if not impossible to use the wiggle pinpointing method on coins at any depth. In fact, skippy signal and weak pinpoint is how I located loads of old coins with the 250 at depths between 5-8". Difficult or impossible to distinguish multiple close targets without pinpoint too.
For a tot lot or beach, pinpoint is no big deal, out in the field it is at least for me - And I personally would not consider a detector without this feature no matter how cheap it is.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks good for clad and cleaning out the shallow trash so my detector has an easier time with the deep stuff. My first was a $70 Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II. Not a steep investment for people not sure if they are gonna stick with the hobby. Found me enough clad to upgrade to an F2. As Far as pinpointing, my Garret propointer was all I needed to find the shallow stuff I was finding. But yes pinpointing was a feature that became very important as I got deeper into this hobby.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't like that it won't find dimes. At least according to the display. ;-)

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
You get what you pay for? Not always. Sometimes you get more other times less and sometimes you get what you paid for. Sometimes the value is only in the products name. I wonder if this machine would be reviewed differently if it had a well known makers label with the sale price more then doubled.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Just saying a lot of opinions have been formed with never using it or hearing from others who have used it. Yeah, it could be a price of junk. Not spending the mone to find out.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You get what you pay for? Not always. Sometimes you get more other times less and sometimes you get what you paid for. Sometimes the value is only in the products name. I wonder if this machine would be reviewed differently if it had a well known makers label with the sale price more then doubled.

From what I can see, if that happened that would make it an Ace 150. [Not sure if those are still in production or not]

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Or the manufacturer did some marketing, performed the scientific research and held the patents instead of just ripping off intellectual properties and cloning components from the known manufacturers? ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread