I HAVE YET TO GET MY FIRST SIVER THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't feel bad as I've yet to find silver with my detector too. I find more in my change than in the ground. My trouble is I'm too green at it yet, I haven't been able to devote more time to it, and it just may not be where I'm looking. Fate and Murphy's Law could influence things too.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Chucky Cheese token, thats my best find this year!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't feel bad as I've yet to find silver with my detector too. I find more in my change than in the ground. My trouble is I'm too green at it yet, I haven't been able to devote more time to it, and it just may not be where I'm looking. Fate and Murphy's Law could influence things too.

Well then you should feel better than me. I'm metal detecting at least four hours a day five days a week, which I'm blessed to have a schedule that allows me to....and maintain a very happy Wife. Lol i've been doing this for three years now and have ATP and a F75 LTD and I've had my share of silver surprises nothing much but some siver, but I can't get a silver for THE LIFE of me!!!!! .....and I don't think I got one in December. But he truth of the matter is I'm obsessed with this hobby, I think it started when I found a 1829 Spanish Mexican 8 Reales in a sidewalk strip....within 4 months of MD'ing. RUINED!!!!!!! I've been chasing that high ever sense. Never stop swelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Metal detecting is much like getting pregnant.
It happens when you don't worry about it and just enjoy the hunt while it lasts.

2017 Finds:
535 coins
2- Gold Rings
3-Silver Rings
Thomas Sabo Men's watch (I wear daily)

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detecting is much like getting pregnant.
It happens when you don't worry about it and just enjoy the hunt while it lasts.

2017 Finds:
535 coins
2- Gold Rings
3-Silver Rings
Thomas Sabo Men's watch (I wear daily)

Well that made me fell better

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, just know in your heart it is going to happen soon. Really buy into the thought. also the 3 most important priorities to pulling a silver is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

Good Luck

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all have dry spells, I find its usually a sign you need to change tactics (location). Leave one day without a plan or expectations and let intuition guide your hunt. Sometimes it's a left turn down a road you've never been down, or simply breaking your grid pattern and following the lay of the land. My theory is water flows down hill taking stuff with it, so start at the lowest point on the property rather than by the front door where everyone else has already hunted.
Good luck

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to get that out of my system. Uggggh

You may have to reevaluate where you're hunting. For silver, I've started this year better than I have in most years. My Jan and Feb silver totals (both jewelry and coins) are at 21 and counting. One hunting partner is at 17 and another is at 12. Research and persistence at likely sites are some of the keys to success. A bit of luck doesn't hurt either! :icon_thumleft:. Find a popular swimming area or get permission at an old house site. You'll get on the silver!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a old house with land of a entire block. No one lives in there. How do I find out who owns it so I can ask permission?

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a old house with land of a entire block. No one lives in there. How do I find out who owns it so I can ask permission?

Look for your county GIS maps online.

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco is right about Location! It took me 3 Yrs. before my first Silver coin find! - Then, I found 3 (1800's) more in a few weeks, got spoiled & wound up cleaning out a very Old, small park. I haven't had that "High" from a find in a while. Patience & Determination are your 2 best friends when it comes to Dirtin'. It will happen, just keep at it! :)

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Look up the county tax and property ownership records, many but not all are on-line. You'll need the address.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco is right about Location! It took me 3 Yrs. before my first Silver coin find! - Then, I found 3 (1800's) more in a few weeks, got spoiled & wound up cleaning out a very Old, small park. I haven't had that "High" from a find in a while. Patience & Determination are your 2 best friends when it comes to Dirtin'. It will happen, just keep at it! :)

Thanks for the inspiration Joe

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
County tax records will have that info. Sometimes they're available online, other times you have to go down to the courthouse and thumb through the hard copies. You can also try asking the neighbors. Who knows, you may get permission for their property too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread