I HAVE YET TO GET MY FIRST SIVER THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
essentially 0 to 29 is low gain on the F75 and 30 to 99 is high gain. Delta pitch also helps me to confirm quickly if its a surface find hiding in the grass. IMHO delta pitch ( go to tones select dp) is under rated.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park is old, became a park in 1897 so it has some age to it. But it's also a very heavily used park, so it's littered with trash. Pulltabs and Canslaw galore. I'm sure i'll come back at some point once I get my Park/Beach pass. Saw a few places I wanted to detect, but until then I'll skip paying $5.00 to park there.

And yeah I agree with you about limiting what you dig and looking for dimes/quaters, that's what I ended up doing after I got tired of pull tabs. I know you HAVE to dig tabs in order to find gold at the parks, but there is no way to quickly dig tabs/trash without making a serious mess detecting imho. And every time I find a nickel signal that's screaming at me, it ends up just another tab.

I've seen guys on the web digging plugs and then cutting the plug in half and then in half again and then breaking up the rest of the plug to quickly find the target and then just dumping that whole mess back into the ground and leaving a circle of dirt/roots/mashed grass. That's just not my style, but in order to take your time and carefully remove a target you have to spend a little more time on them.

I wish it was as easy as beach detecting and a quick scoop and go. But the small coin spill of pocket change from some guy probably sitting in a lawn chair last summer was fun. First time I've had multiple coins in one dig.

Sounds like Fairmount......anyway......In a park that has some history, but, is trashy, I put on the small coil, put it in 2 tone ferrous (e-trac, CTX), and work real slow. I also add all the mid 30's and up (zinc and wheat cents) to the conductive numbers. If the ground hasn't been rototilled, the coin depths should be able to tell you zincs from Indians. You'll get fooled a few times, but, once you find a few Indians, you'll be able to live with it! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread