Finally the truth! Sort of...

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Was talking to a guy about detecting and he mentioned that he knew a guy that bought a DFX and paid for it in clad the first few months he owned it. I was totally blown away. Then I kept asking questions and he finally told me the guy detects 10 hours a day and 12 on the weekends and almost never misses a day. If I had time to take on another full-time job I guess I could have a DFX too!!!

By the way the first guy in the story was a dealer trying to sell me a DFX. Anyone else have similar experiences? This helped me to put a lot into perspective. I gues when I go out for three hours at a time and find thirty cents in clad and a few other keeper items I aint doin to bad.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
piggman1 said:
You have to learn to observe people. Sometimes it's in parks, and sometimes it's in drainage ditches. But where people play, meet, or gather, they will loose things. Even islands in shopping center parking lots produce quite a bit. Use your imagination and you will be surprised at what you find. Hang in there and you will see.

I find this to be true. The last few times out I picked areas that I may never had detected based on what I saw people using the area for and it paid off. Hang in there and keep swinging.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stand corrected, one of my hunting partners found two nice antique rings one foot apart from each otherthe other day . He came over to me and showed them to me.My jaw dropped . I am not sure what they are worth but he may have paid for his detector. The bad thing(for me) about it is ,it was in my yard. It was one of the few spots that I had not hit yet. :-\

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
birdman said:
I stand corrected, one of my hunting partners found two nice antique rings one foot apart from each otherthe other day . He came over to me and showed them to me.My jaw dropped . I am not sure what they are worth but he may have paid for his detector. The bad thing(for me) about it is ,it was in my yard. It was one of the few spots that I had not hit yet. :-\

Sounds like a 50/50 split is in order ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions