342 Coins In 1/2 Acre, Still 10 1/2 Acres To Go!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be able to find aerial views on the county gis site. That will tell you what you want to know.

Aerials don't go back far enough. Place is also a mixture of old and young growth so no obvious footprints.

bluveinthrobber

May 24, 2017
Sumter south carolina
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. I was recently gifted a brand new never used delta 4000. I used it for a whopping 5 minutes in a creek at bolar mountain virginia before i decided to hang out with the family and swim and sight see. So eager to use it as i am living in sumter sc and this whole area im in has had many historical events. Hopefully i have even a fraction of the luck you have had :fingers crossed:

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I commend you on the work involved with recovering that many coins. I also envy that you for still having that great of an area yet to cover at that location. Here's to many more and some silvers to compliment.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Congrats on having a site with so many good targets. I guess my question is like yours "why?". You might ask neighbors. I'd think if it was a kids hangout there would be more pull tabs. Do you think someone beat you there and picked all the plum targets and passed after a few hundred pennies? Hope the silver and gold start showing up soon. Good luck.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have been a money exchange located there and they just swept the coins out the back door to tidy up the place. I have never seen or dug that many coins at a single dwelling unless there were some wealthy people living there and their children played around and buried or threw coins everywhere? Don't make sense to me. But sometimes it works that way?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread