Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forecast was for rain but that did not materialize. Had a need and into the water I went to fill that need. Immediately a slight tinge of apprehension engulfed me. The previous few days I had been watching Jeremy Wade's TV show "River Monsters" which featured fish that could bite a limb off or even engulf a human in one gulp. Menaces of the deep that were lurking under the surface just waiting for an opportunity to enjoy a "leg of detectorist." The Sea Hunter MK11 was ready. Into the drink I stepped reassuring myself that Canada does not have any of the fresh water aquatic life that could threaten some one. Splash to my left..........darn Caunck Goose....that scared me. I swished on hitting coin after coin. Hard spot on my gear as the bottom was mostly rock and a gravel mixture.
After 40 minutes the knee started to spike so I retreated to Es Cargo to take off the chest waders and grab the Freedom 3 Plus. A few more coins reached my pocket in the digging coat along with a strange foreign one.

Off to two more spots to round up the day and obtain quota with the foreign coin and the pin.

A quick stop at the grocery store to get a few things for the Hunny Bunny who is a tad under the weather. Ice cream, chicken soup and Vicks.

One more stop was required at the library to take down my exhibit on sports and collectors cards. Ken, the head honcho said that he had received some nice comments on the display. Previous display one was on detecting that had been well received. He asked me what is next and I agreed to an exhibit of stamps for September.

Upvote 0

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wet work? Oh I thought that this was something else! On the other hand, great hunt!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions