Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Whats the deal with Whites?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2016
    105 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Whats the deal with Whites?

Is it just me or do most sites on the internet that discuss detectors in general, seem to prefer XP and Garrett with little mention of Whites. I just googled "Best Detectors"and whites wasn't on any of the Top 10 lists.
    Honest Samuel and devldog like this.

us
    Oct 2009
    7153 times
    Well thats rascist!

Jul 2016
    105 times
    LOL - You just told me who you voted for HAHA
    devldog likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden Max, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by powrsurg View Post
    Is it just me or do most sites on the internet that discuss detectors in general, seem to prefer XP and Garrett with little mention of Whites. I just googled "Best Detectors"and whites wasn't on any of the Top 10 lists.
    That’s because Garrett has a better social media team and a very smart marketing team that “sponsors” YouTube Metal Detectorists. As you know YouTube is owned by Google thus increasing the search ranking of those that are featured in YouTube Videos.

Do a search for “whites” detectors on YouTube and do one for “Garrett’s”. I think you know who has a larger presence.

Now... That being said it does not mean that because there are more videos from one over the other one is a superior over the other.

Do a small poll on this site and you will notice substantially different outcome. Tesoro, Fisher, Minelab, Nokta are loved by many yet the rank very low on the # of YouTube videos available for view.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4F33D7B-8D82-4A87-BCCC-A293E94DDFE7.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	1543817
    devldog and Jim Hemmingway like this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Jul 2016
    105 times
    I figured its got to be something like that. there is no doubt the Spectra V3i is one of the best all-purpose detectors out there. I wish id just see it discussed more by those sites that compare detectors.
    devldog and TerryC like this.

us
    Nov 2005
    So. Cal.
    Whites M6 & MXT
    81 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by powrsurg View Post
    You just learned to never trust google results, let alone the internet. Its no different than any other marketing scam, dont pay you dont get featured.
    WaterScoop, devldog, T.C. and 1 others like this.
    You dont have to believe what the Media says, Its opinion, not fact. You dont have to accept what Hollywood pushes on you. You dont have to believe what any Politician says. Politicians are self servants, not public servants.

Jul 2016
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksan View Post
    You just learned to never trust google results, let alone the internet. Its no different than any other marketing scam, dont pay you dont get featured.
    Im not emphasizing Google Searches. its common sense that those who pay get to the top. Im referring specifically to Metal Detecting sites. They hardly ever mention Whites.
    devldog likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    12995 times
    Banner Finds (5)
    White's makes very good machines. I have owned three. My main back up machine, and my primary machine for years has been a Tesoro. If any company decides to use youtube to promote their products, it generally does well for them. It's all about the press, and the perception. Yes, a lot of these folks get paid by various manufacturers to promote one kind of machine or another. Nothing wrong with that. But with all things, their time in the sunlight is always limited. There is always someone younger, better looking, faster talking or whatever to replace any advertisement you've ever seen. For instance, does anyone remember a commercial on tv say for 1994? I certainly don't. You might.

I have made several commercial films. ANY youtube video, or any video found anywhere else can be manufactured to allow the filmmaker to do absolutely anything they want. With modern cameras and modern editing and effects programs, you could have a live chicken come right out of the just dug hole, followed by the detectorist pulling out a LIT candle! (Note to self, that would a gas to actually make!) I inwardly (and sometimes outwardly) laugh at some of the videos I have watched. You never know if they are real or made up. I could even make a video of a couple of us digging in what appears to be the dirt outside or at the beach, and film the thing in my BASEMENT. Watch the videos, enjoy them, in God we trust, in videos we do not trust. I wouldn't buy a machine due to a google search or any video, anywhere, anytime. At this stage of my "career", some 40+ years long now, I test drive any machine before I buy it. No test drive, no buy it.

us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    746 times
    I've had a Whites for years and it's paid for its self many times. I was going to buy the v3i because of its amazing reviews. Several of the reviews stated that it had a pretty good learning curve so I went with the ATGold because at the time I didn't have a lot of time to hunt and truly get to use the machine enough to learn it.. I think you hear more about the common machines because most people dont hunt enought to really get to learn the higher end machines. Its hard to argue with the success of the higher end machines but it seems the members who own them are much more knowledgeable and spent much more time using the high end machines.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden Max, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3215 times
    For the record I love my Whites DTX it’s served me well and it made numerous great finds. We have been through a lot together that’s why I never had the heart to sell her.

Cheers

Name:	7463EFA0-7C4A-4457-BC43-761B1C2D7979.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	1543827
    devldog likes this.

us
    Apr 2016
    Twin Cities
    White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Bounty Hunter QD2
    600 times
    Metal Detecting
    Personally, I'm so tired of hearing about the AT series machines I could vomit. I will never buy one just because they've been shoved down my throat for so long.
    devldog, ecmo, HighVDI and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4325 times
    Ok then, I will not be putting DiamondDan down for a preorder for the forthcoming AT Max Gold Pro.

I hate to say it, but US detector manufacturers in general seem to be resting on their laurels of late and are not innovating like Minelab, Nokta, and XP. The latest offerings by Whites, First Texas, and Garrett are really just repackaged or upgraded versions of existing detector models rather than true innovations (Whites MX7 is just a non-watertight version of the MX Sport which was a reimagined MXT, we already discussed/mocked the AT Max and its brethren, and First Texas' latest, the solid value Patriot Series is really just a rehash of the venerable Fisher F70.)
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    3215 times
    As long as the sheeple are buying why invest in R&R

I am quite sure you are familiar with the famous story

Name:	4F6AB778-F686-46B9-8D4B-E353C0606C8E.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	1543840
    devldog likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    1292 times
    Relic Hunting
    [QUOTE=powrsurg;5686418]Is it just me or do most sites on the internet that discuss detectors in general, seem to prefer XP and Garrett with little mention of Whites. I just googled "Best Detectors"and whites wasn't on any of the Top 10 lists.[/Q
    powrsurg, hit me up, I may have some info for you on Whites MD's, if you don't already know. I'm a White's person myself.

us
    Eddie

Apr 2013
    La Vergne, TN
    Garrett Pinpointer, White's TRX, Garrett AT Max, White's V3i
    699 times
    Metal Detecting
    I started out with a used white's in the 70's. That's what got me hooked. I bought a DFX in the early 2000's and got serious. I loved my DFX, matter of fact, just sold it to a friend. I bought a V3i in 2013 and man did I love that machine. Had some health issues and sold it. Now I have bought another V3i and am really getting back into the hobby. I also have an AT Max that I bought for water hunting. There is no comparison, in my view between the 2 machines. I love my White's. Their support is also second to none. Just my 2 cents.
    T.C. and Jim Hemmingway like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links